• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New reloader in the Alpharetta area

manki77

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
80   0
Reaction score
Hey guys, Im just getting started with reloading and have been watching tons of vids on youtube. My current setup is a Lee classic turret kit (auto indexing). I think i have pretty much everything I need in the kit, also got a bullet puller, digital scale, micrometer, and 9mm die set. Have a couple of questions:

1. Are there any stores that sell equipment like bullets, gunpowder, primers, and brass for fairly low market prices around the alpharetta area

2. Also what powder(inexpensive) recommendation would you guys have to load berry's plated 115 gr bullets 9mm

3. Also any suggestions you guys might have for me

2. Also what powder(inexpensive) recommendation would you guys have to load berry's plated 115 gr bullets 9mm

Hodgdon Universal is a great first powder for 9mm. Same for Alliant Unique. They both deliver a balance of being case filling (helps avoid a double charge you might not notice), and providing good performance in 9mm Luger. There are newer powders that are trendier due to the way the powder brands are marketed, but Universal and Unique have been popular for many years because they work very well.

3. Also any suggestions you guys might have for me

Start by loading small batches. Don't be tempted to skip right to the max loads. You'll generally get your best accuracy from less than maximum charges.

Hodgdon Universal is a great first powder for 9mm. Same for Alliant Unique. They both deliver a balance of being case filling (helps avoid a double charge you might not notice), and providing good performance in 9mm Luger. There are newer powders that are trendier due to the way the powder brands are marketed, but Universal and Unique have been popular for many years because they work very well.

Start by loading small batches. Don't be tempted to skip right to the max loads. You'll generally get your best accuracy from less than maximum charges.

Yes. And if you don't have a loading block, get one and use it till you are real comfortable with loading.

Back
Top Bottom