• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New reloading bench

More improvements today...

Dollar Tree has $1 shoe boxes that appear reasonably durable. Picked up a bunch for sorting and storing brass. Added a fixture under the bench near the first station, so I can slide the shoe box with the brass in, and use it while reloading.

20190101_195149_Film3.jpg

20190101_195156_Film3.jpg

D55CF9A0-72E9-4330-B7E1-5506740C45F7.jpeg
F5DEF600-D3BA-4B22-A351-E677769577AB.jpeg
Exactly the 2 liter bottle is my spent primer catcher. I also used a cigar box for the completed round to fall in. Since my Lee Pro 1000 is an older model the spent primer discharged into the base and if you don’t consider this when mounting to the hardwood plate you would have to eventually remove or shop vac out the spent primers. I have mine mounted like OP wth a bit of overhang to clear linkage and a hole drilled that lets primers drop into the 2 liter bottle. I then just remove bottle cap and dump primers in trash.

Awesome bench set-up and great use of space! :thumb:

Question: Is that your poop pipe coming down and thru the foundation wall? If so, hope it never leaks onto your bench!!!

Awesome bench set-up and great use of space! :thumb:

Question: Is that your poop pipe coming down and thru the foundation wall? If so, hope it never leaks onto your bench!!!

Thanks, and no. :)

That's a 1" PEX water main, inside a 2" conduit. The conduit terminates over a basement sink. If the main ever breaks inside the conduit, the water will fall into the sink.

Thanks, and no. :)

That's a 1" PEX water main, inside a 2" conduit. The conduit terminates over a basement sink. If the main ever breaks inside the conduit, the water will fall into the sink.

Oh that's good and a good idea. Is that standard practice now or something you came up with?
On some aircraft and aircraft engines, fuel lines are routed inside larger discharge lines in case they leak!!

Oh that's good and a good idea. Is that standard practice now or something you came up with?
On some aircraft and aircraft engines, fuel lines are routed inside larger discharge lines in case they leak!!

My idea and my handiwork. The well tank is 200' away, uphill. Lotta water coming via gravity if the line fails. I've had one basement flood in my life. That's enough.

Back
Top Bottom