• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New reloading bench

yery nice OP. I'm glad i fastened my reloading bench to the wall. Makes it much more sturdy when using the press.

Absolutely. I'm always amazed at how much force a reloading press generates. Even a bench weighing hundreds of pounds can be significantly "nudged" by a reloading press.

The weak point in my new bench is the pine top. Had some very long pine boards that were used as pallet reinforcement for some tongue and groove pine that went into our new home. Wanted to make use of the pine for the benchtop, but it wasn't stiff enough to handle the press forces without deflecting during the downstroke; I had to add an extra 2x4 brace underneath, and additional screws thru the pine where my primary station is located.

how did you attached the bench to the wall? Not that I'm looking to drill holes thru my basement wall after seeing neighbors basements flooded recently, but attaching to a wall makes a lot of sense.

just bought a hammer drill for some remodeling that takes SDS Max bits, but the bits aren't cheap. The blades cut thru cement like butter though...

how did you attached the bench to the wall? Not that I'm looking to drill holes thru my basement wall after seeing neighbors basements flooded recently, but attaching to a wall makes a lot of sense.

just bought a hammer drill for some remodeling that takes SDS Max bits, but the bits aren't cheap. The blades cut thru cement like butter though...

Ramset Nails and Liquid Nails construction adhesive. Concrete bolts or anchors would work as well, but I recommend the Liquid Nails.

The bench top frame is attached to 2x4s fastened to the walls:

reloading-bench-1-jpg.115

reloading-bench-2-jpg.116

so on the back wall you have the lower 2x4 attached to the wall, did you attach the second 2x4 thats part of the frame to the wall as well or just attach the frame to the 2x4 attached to the wall?

sorry for all the questions, but I have a similar space that I'm going to start working on when I finish my daughters bathroom renovation. :)

so on the back wall you have the lower 2x4 attached to the wall, did you attach the second 2x4 thats part of the frame to the wall as well or just attach the frame to the 2x4 attached to the wall?

sorry for all the questions, but I have a similar space that I'm going to start working on when I finish my daughters bathroom renovation. :)

No problem. Second 2x4 is attached to the first 2x4 with 2x4 blocks and screws.

Back
Top Bottom