• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Ruger PC 9mm Carbine

I'm with you I thought all got test fired before boxed?? I think every New Ruger I've bought came with the casing from the test fire?? I may be wrong? Hope they get it or another back to you soon with an apology ($200 gift card would be nice lol)

They stopped doing that a few years ago. That was for sale in NY (maybe CA or IL as well?), where a fired case had to be sent to the cops when you registered a gun. They realized that storing all that brass was costing them millions, and since there was no way to actually match it up to brass found at a crime scene, it was totally useless.

I'm pretty sure NY rescinded that law 2-3 years back, and since then guns really don't need to be fired except for QC...

Hopefully they will send the OP something decent to make up for it. Mine's on order and I'm hoping to have it in a few days...

They stopped doing that a few years ago. That was for sale in NY (maybe CA or IL as well?), where a fired case had to be sent to the cops when you registered a gun. They realized that storing all that brass was costing them millions, and since there was no way to actually match it up to brass found at a crime scene, it was totally useless.

I'm pretty sure NY rescinded that law 2-3 years back, and since then guns really don't need to be fired except for QC...

Hopefully they will send the OP something decent to make up for it. Mine's on order and I'm hoping to have it in a few days...
I guess some do and some don't cause I know the new Beretta I bought at Rome gun and pawn about 9 months ago came with a casing. Respectfully

I almost did a little later. I think I'll wait on the gen2 or 6 months which ever comes first (If i can restrain myself?). I Hope your's works perfect though....No disrespect intended

No disrespect taken. I love Rugers and am sure they will correct the issue promptly. I’ll keep everyone posted. I also sent an email to the owner, I’ve always heard that he responds.

I guess some do and some don't cause I know the new Beretta I bought at Rome gun and pawn about 9 months ago came with a casing. Respectfully

I'm pretty sure I got one with my FNS Compact as well, although that was more than a year ago.

I think it's kind of up to the manufacturer. They certainly can provide it if they want to, but I don't think they have an obligation to anymore.

I know the last 2 Rugers I got (both SR1911s) in the last year didn't have them (free 10mm brass would be sweet!).

Update #1

Tuesday afternoon I had an email with a prepaid Fedex ground shipping label.

Wednesday early morning, less than an hour after I shipped it, I received a called and email with a next day air shipping label. I called the CSR back and told them I had already shipped it. She assured me turn around time would be expedited.

Today it’s out for delivery.

Back
Top Bottom