• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Ruger Wrangler 22lr SA revolver

Looks like a good, entry level 22. MSRP is $249... which puts it at under $200 on the street. Compared to the Single-XX guns that are running $700 or more.

Rugers always been about bang-for-the-buck. Glad to see they have the cajones to potentially cannibalize their own sales. They are doing it with the LCR series and the SP-101s, which used to be their 'carry' revolver. They are doing it with the Ruger American rifles taking calibers over from the old M77 guns. Same for the RA Pistols and the SR series.

A lot of companies are afraid to come out with less expensive alternatives to their own products (just check out Apple). But Ruger is doing really well by driving the price points down and getting new shooters guns they can afford.

Of course if you want a $700 Single Six they'll be happy to sell you one. But the success of the Heritage guns shows there's a real market here, and if Ruger can compete with a US made gun that has a lifetime warranty... all the better.

I will say a Burnt Bronze 'cowboy' gun is something I never thought I'd see.

I'm with Biker, a 8-9-10 shooter would be mo' better. Smart choice on Ceracote frame, better than the wonky painted finish on the Rough Rider. I got 2 RRs, but still think the finish is pretty cheap-ass looking.

Interesting. I’m more interested in it being lightweight, with the aluminum alloy frame, than I am in the price point.

I’ve got a Colt Frontier Scout with dual cylinders........actually, belongs to my daughter nowadays.

Like the looks of the burnt bronze....heck, all of them look decent. As posted above, they will sell good for the price. An inexpensive, decent .22lr shooter is something most folks can get behind.

Interesting. I’m more interested in it being lightweight, with the aluminum alloy frame, than I am in the price point.

I’ve got a Colt Frontier Scout with dual cylinders........actually, belongs to my daughter nowadays.

Frame is zinc alloy, not aluminum alloy.

Pass.

Wrong, it's aluminum alley. www.ruger.com

The cylinder frame is aluminum. The grip frame is zinc.

Screen Shot 2019-04-20 at 12.54.15 PM.png

wranglercyclinderout.jpg

Back
Top Bottom