• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Savage Stealth 10BA, move over again Ruger

That's what I have been saying for the past two years, thought the 130's would give an advantage but the 6mm are kicking butt. Its hard to race a Porsche with a Camaro. and since my 6.5 finally got shot out I said the heck with it switch time

Running a Bergara(Stiller) barreled action with a PDC customs on my primary rifle and a Remington/Bergara barrel / Mega Orias on my backup. just switched last week when my primary shot out down at CORE but so far I am liking the change.

I thought so. I hear you beat out local agencies on training days with your 1911 as well...

That's what I have been saying for the past two years, thought the 130's would give an advantage but the 6mm are kicking butt. Its hard to race a Porsche with a Camaro. and since my 6.5 finally got shot out I said the heck with it switch time

How does the 6mm Creedmoor compare to the .243AI?

Haven't really dealt with the AI but since its a Hotter 243 I would imagine that the barrel life would be shorter. Ballistically they should be the same. The only other things that I would give the edge to the CM would be case angle for improved feeding and Brass prep.

Why an AR stock on a rifle? No long forend to put a bipod out there? looks like a gimmick rifle if you ask me. I own the RPR and it was a gimmick rifle out of box, too. "The AR bolt action rilfe".

Why an AR stock on a rifle? No long forend to put a bipod out there? looks like a gimmick rifle if you ask me. I own the RPR and it was a gimmick rifle out of box, too. "The AR bolt action rilfe".
I'm guessing a cost/modularity thing. Not a fan of them myself as I can never get the comb height high enough.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I like the adjustable length of pull and modular/interchangeable stocks on a rifle. That way whether I'm in a tee shirt or bibs and a jacket I can get comfortable behind the rifle.
I think a design with a gazillion manufacturers supporting it like a standard AR buffer tube is probably gonna prove to be a good idea.

The part of the AR type design I see as a problem, would be the lack of drop at the comb, requiring taller profile mounts to put your eye in position with scope. I much prefer my optics mounted close to the bore.
Personally I'm not a big fan of bi pods at all. bulky and in the way in most situations in my opinion. Just from the pics I'm gonna have to wait and see to evaluate the fore end for myself. I really cant wait to get a chance to handle one of these in person, but as it stands so far I think I'm gonna start looking around for a deal on one.
With it's modular features I'm pretty sure I can get it into a configuration I can enjoy.

Shep, did a little more research today on the AI, I guess Burnett used to run one and it was a 900 round barrel and you have to dial it down to meet PRS speeds

Back
Top Bottom