• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Savage Stealth 10BA, move over again Ruger

Oh Yeh I shot a RPR set up for 200 high power today, slung prone, not a bad shooting gun 4 out of 10 in the 10 ring and the other 6 just out in the 9 ring. Not a bad shooting rifle.

This isn't the old Savage BA
It's the "new" BA Stealth 10/110 and it not only swaps mags it swaps barrels LOL
I'd say that's a 1 up maybe even more :cool:

Barrel swaps are stupid easy with the Savage system and the floating bolt make for a really tight lock up.

It's a much easier platform to tweak.

Barrel swaps are stupid easy with the Savage system and the floating bolt make for a really tight lock up.

It's a much easier platform to tweak.
Where is the info on how the barrels swap? These appear to require an action vice and wrench like any other bolt gun. Then again, I could be wrong.

I don't mind fireforming, although I have no interest in the .243AI. Not my cup o' tea.

I've handloaded for quite some time, including rounds that needed fireformed. Currently, the only round I own that I have to fireform for is the .338-06 AI.

I don't mind fireforming, although I have no interest in the .243AI. Not my cup o' tea.

I've handloaded for quite some time, including rounds that needed fireformed. Currently, the only round I own that I have to fireform for is the .338-06 AI.
Doesn't Nathan Foster shoot that round?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I have the 110BA 338 in the Asbury Chassis still waiting on glass for it

Attachments

• DSCN1129.JPG
    DSCN1129.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 342
  • DSCN1131.JPG
    DSCN1131.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 329
Reactions: BHJ
Where is the info on how the barrels swap? These appear to require an action vice and wrench like any other bolt gun. Then again, I could be wrong.

No you're right but the threaded barrel lock nut makes it a snap and Savage developed it in 1958. It cut production cost and made for a very accurate rifle for less cost.

http://www.shootingtimes.com/reloading/change-rifle-barrels-in-minutes/

Oh and the floating bolt head is a replaceable part making changes easier too at less expense.

Back
Top Bottom