• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Silencerco products and looks like the MAAD mount line of cans is officially dead

Is the ASR better than the MAAD?

Probably in regards to the number of user problems. I have seen a lot of online reports of people getting their MAAD mounts can stuck and could not remove it and even some cases where Silencerco has replaced their MAAD accessories with ASR.

The only user reports I've seen with the ASR is sometimes people don't lock it down all the way, and they launch it. Some also get stuck, but I think that's generally the case of putting a hot can on a cold mount.

I use the MAAD mount on both a Saker and Omega, and I've only had a couple of slight sticking issues where I can just knock it against a wooden table, and it'll spin off. I generally just keep Bore Butter or Lok Cease on the muzzle device.

There is more stuff coming too....

This is a great move by SCO in my opinion. The MAAD mount was the most warrantied item we saw. It looks great in theory, but in practice the ASR is much more hassle free, user friendly mount. They combined some of the best features of the Specwar and Sakers into one can, at the Specwar price point.

Back
Top Bottom