• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Slide Fire/ Bump Stock Listing Rules

You definitely have a point that I would agree with except that, in this instance, it is the principle.

It's a lot like saying one "needs" one type of firearm over another. While I don't have any experience with these slide fire stocks other than watching a guy install them at a gun show once (you buy it and he installed it for free.)

For purposes of feeding yourself via hunting or defending your life if the excrement ever interacts with the electric oscillating device - not to mention the every day occurrences, I failed to see the benefit of a slide fire stock. But, I'm not the guy you rely on to evaluate the fitness of the slide fire stock for any given reason (they do look like a fun way to burn up a lot of ammo for no reason.) So, just want you to know that I don't totally disagree with what you're saying. It was just the principle that is worrisome.
What “principle”
Supply and demand? I might could see your point if the sellers ghad one thing to do with the demand being higher.
Let me ask you, if the car you are driving is used in the next block buster movie and over night demand triples or more. Would you be violating some mythical “principle” if you sold your car at what someone would pay, no matter how stupid you thing the movie was?
I’ll go ahead and answer: you would sell at the stupid high price some movie buff would be willing to pay. Same principle, supply and demand. When the supply gets low, no matter what the reason, and more people want or need said supply, prices will nessesarily increase. It capitalism, and the American way.

I made my first million selling this.... :)
bondcar.jpg
Spent it all on "AMC Pacer" stock...:doh:
Now I'm unemployed... :(
back then... palmettomoon palmettomoon told me I should invest in bumpkin stocks, I wouldn't listen, I wish I had....:)

Can you sell something for more than it is worth when trade is voluntary?

Short answer: No.

I am a firm believer that everyone should be taught when young the concept of value and marginal utility. Here is a great link with info from Mises and Adam Smith to help folks understand these:

"Thus economic value ultimately depends not on the general usefulness of a commodity but on the specific usefulness—or marginal utility—of a given unit of that commodity in satisfying our most pressing desires."

The problem here is that members of the government are threatening our freedoms, and members if the threatened group are profiteering off one another. Justify it however you wish. Perhaps when we are being taxed on paper and tea again they may reflect on their present attitude, but probably not. I see your bump stock and raise you a poll tax senator.

The problem here is that members of the government are threatening our freedoms, and members if the threatened group are profiteering off one another. Justify it however you wish. Perhaps when we are being taxed on paper and tea again they may reflect on their present attitude, but probably not. I see your bump stock and raise you a poll tax senator.

So if someone had a bumpstock in their closet collecting dust, and all of the sudden people are willing to pay $500 for it, he's somehow done some moral misdeed by selling it at the price people are paying?

Both parties were happy, left positive feedback, hell maybe even became friends like many other deals. I don't see the issue? Were they supposed to list it for $75 just so the next guy could sell it at market value?

So if someone had a bumpstock in their closet collecting dust, and all of the sudden people are willing to pay $500 for it, he's somehow done some moral misdeed by selling it at the price people are paying?

Both parties were happy, left positive feedback, hell maybe even became friends like many other deals. I don't see the issue? Were they supposed to list it for $75 just so the next guy could sell it at market value?

Great thinking. Now start looking for people with serious medical conditions of going thru a divorce and lowball the crap out of them; go lower than pawn values, after all you are a business man. Scruples are for others, you are just " helping them out" when they need some cash.

Great thinking. Now start looking for people with serious medical conditions of going thru a divorce and lowball the crap out of them; go lower than pawn values, after all you are a business man. Scruples are for others, you are just " helping them out" when they need some cash.

As long as the transactions are voluntary, among consenting adults with full mental faculties and there is no force or fraud.. then I see nothing immoral about offering a lower or higher price if you believe your counterpart in a transaction will value your offer more than what they are offering in return. If that is "immoral" than I dare say there is not a person alive that would hold up to your standard in all areas of their lives.

We KNOW both sides of a voluntary transaction valued what they received MORE than what they gave or they would not have voluntarily entered into the transaction. Again, as long as it was voluntary and there was no force or fraud, we know both sides see themselves as coming out better off.

How do you think pawn shops (or often maligned payday-loan places) even work? They don't offer top dollar or low interest. On the other hand, if they were not lured into the business by profit margins or not there trying to "profiteer" as you put it, there typically would be no one there help those folks out who are in a bind and can't get traditional loans. That's when people have to go to a black market.. with even worse terms and extra-legal even greater negative consequences if loans are not paid.

Profit is not immoral. Practically speaking, it simply is not possible to sell something for more than it is worth, as long as there is no force or fraud.

Back
Top Bottom