• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Smoker

I have been looking for an alternative to my Weber kettle and old barrel smoker now that I have a young daughter and a baby boy due next week. I no longer have 12 hours to drink beer and babysit a smoker so I think once the dust settles around here I am going to get one of these. Thanks for sharing OP.

I have the model 3,. These smokers turn out some great food except chicken, or any other fowl if you like the skin, it comes out like rubber but the meat is awesome.

The Model 3 is much bigger than the 1 or 2, You can do 6-8 slabs of ribs, or 6 butts, or 3 Packer Briskets. If I'm not doing over a half load I add a few fire bricks to help maintain an even temp.

I have owned and used many types of smokers over the years, it is the best hands off, Smoker I have ever used. The learning curve is short, and once you time, temp down, it will repeat it every time, No more worrying about when your meat is gonna be done.

It is not a replacement for an all wood fired, beer drinking day with your friends in the backyard smoking party. but, you would never know by the flavor.

I'm very interested in learning more about the all-electric Smokin-It type smokers where I can store it under the carport when not in use, nothing mechanical to get jammed up with swollen wood.

I currently use a big green egg ceramic smoker at my house, but I'm in a high humidity environment here in the country where I don't have any garage to keep out of the elements but requires more of my attention to get ready and during than I prefer.

I originally thought about a pellet smoker, something I could dial the exact temp, and not need to hover over it the whole time while cooking... but pellets swell up in the auger and chamber if not stored away from high humidity.
They make temperature regulator kits that have thermostats and a blower for the ceramic coolers that allows you to walk away. I don’t have any experience with them as I don’t have a ceramic cooker, but the folks I know that have them get good results.

Back
Top Bottom