• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Springfield Saint

glockguy

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
25   0
Reaction score
There was a lot of hype which turned off a lot of people, but after doing some research I feel it was a great purchase for my introduction to the AR market. The trigger is Nickel boron and really nice right out of the box and I'm a fan of the BCM furniture. I've added a Magpul sling, BCM angled grip and BCM charging handle. Now I'm just waiting to add an optic - probably Vortex Strikefire II. I'd love an Aimpoint but my shooting is a long way from justifying the expense. Any other suggestions or anything else I should add?

Attachments

• IMG_0819.JPG
    IMG_0819.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0818.JPG
    IMG_0818.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0820.JPG
    IMG_0820.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0821.JPG
    IMG_0821.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 60
Nice! The Saint has a lot going for it, IMO, for its price range. I like most Springfield products so I want to try one of these.
I have never tried the Strikefire but I'm sure it will work well with the Saint. I have a Sparc II and really like it.

I had one apart a couple weeks ago at Dixie Ammo Dump in Hoschton. Nicely made AR, especially for the price. I don't remember exactly what it was, but if I remember correctly it was in the $750 range.
There was a lot of hype which turned off a lot of people, but after doing some research I feel it was a great purchase for my introduction to the AR market. The trigger is Nickel boron and really nice right out of the box and I'm a fan of the BCM furniture. I've added a Magpul sling, BCM angled grip and BCM charging handle. Now I'm just waiting to add an optic - probably Vortex Strikefire II. I'd love an Aimpoint but my shooting is a long way from justifying the expense. Any other suggestions or anything else I should add?

Shot it yet? I'm just up the road in Dallas, I've got a range you can use. I'm thinking of going Saturday morning, if you'd like to tag along. We can zero your BUIS and I've got a RDS or 2 you could borrow for the range session.

I had one apart a couple weeks ago at Dixie Ammo Dump in Hoschton. Nicely made AR, especially for the price. I don't remember exactly what it was, but if I remember correctly it was in the $750 range.

Shot it yet? I'm just up the road in Dallas, I've got a range you can use. I'm thinking of going Saturday morning, if you'd like to tag along. We can zero your BUIS and I've got a RDS or 2 you could borrow for the range session.

And this is why I hang out here! Good to see a lending hand every once in a while in a world full of crazies!

I run a Primary Arms RDS on my SBR. Its held up well. I also snagged a Aimpoint PRO for around $350 NIB. So like $80 or $350 on sale you have some good options.

Have there been is

Has there been issues with the barrels on these rifles?
Not that I know of, but the gun hasn't been out for long. I would like to know which Brazillian or Croatian factory makes it, since...you know...Springfield can't make a damn thing here themselves, except a very few minor 1911s.

Back
Top Bottom