• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Springfield Saint

Who makes the barrel? No one knows. The Saint logo is beyond stupid, and I will not buy one because of the name alone.

I haven't heard yet who makes the barrels, but haven't tried to find out either. This is the first "concern" I've heard over the barrel vendor. SAI has a proven record for QC, so I'd bet it's a decent barrel. It hasn't been out long enough for anyone to have a high round count, or at least if they have I ain't read about it. I've read a few blogs where guys have up to 2,000rds out of theirs so far, which is pretty low. You can expect to see a life of 20,000-30,000 rounds out of a Melonite barrel.

There's a chance SAI makes their own barrels for these. They make some of the barrels for their M1A rifles, so it's possible. If not, I'd bet it's sourced from one of the usual suspects that do barrels for numerous AR "manufacturers".

Logo doesn't bother me, one way or the other. Can't remember ever choosing a firearm, or turning it down, on the basis of the company's logo.

I had one apart a couple weeks ago at Dixie Ammo Dump in Hoschton. Nicely made AR, especially for the price. I don't remember exactly what it was, but if I remember correctly it was in the $750 range.

Shot it yet? I'm just up the road in Dallas, I've got a range you can use. I'm thinking of going Saturday morning, if you'd like to tag along. We can zero your BUIS and I've got a RDS or 2 you could borrow for the range session.

I have shot it and unfortunately am out of town this weekend. PM next time you go as I'd love some help.

Not that I know of, but the gun hasn't been out for long. I would like to know which Brazillian or Croatian factory makes it, since...you know...Springfield can't make a damn thing here themselves, except a very few minor 1911s.

January 2017 issue of American Rifleman. In the article they state that "the Saint is entirely American-made, with parts coming from Springfield's own Geneseo, Ill., factory, or other U.S. manufacturers. The receivers are made by a very well-regarded aerospace engineering and machining firm and are built to Springfield specifications."

Reactions: MRH
Got it a few years back during one of their sales. Haven't been keeping up with their pricing are they much more expensive now?

Last time I looked they averaged between $150-$200, but I haven't checked recent prices either.

Last time I looked they averaged between $150-$200, but I haven't checked recent prices either.

They got one for $90: http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-micro-dot-with-removable-base-eta-early-july-2016-md-rbgii

Mine is older, doesnt have the fancy buttons but it did come with a riser mount.
i36.photobucket.com_albums_e15_SNSPerformance_Guns_IMAG0860_zps95d08408.jpg

Reactions: MRH
IMO, The name is dumb. Same for the Walther Creed. I don't mind the SAI logo but i don't really want SAINT across the whole magwell. It's cosmetic and doesn't impact the rifle function at all. Just looks dumb to me.

It's the Affliction shirt of AR's.

Back
Top Bottom