• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New suppressor, NFA trust question. Update, new question

freedom

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
97   0
Reaction score
I just purchased a suppressor from David at classiccityfirearms, my first NFA item.

I read through some old threads and I'm basically wanting some clarification.

1. I don't need a lawyer for a trust, I can make it myself with quicken will maker, if I'm willing to take a slight risk.

2. I don't need to file anything with the court. I print and fill out the trust form and have it notarized, then it's ready to use.

I don't know what I don't know, so feel free to add anything.

I purchased quicken will maker today. It comes with Living Trust, it's that what I'm going to use? Or is there something I'm not seeing in will maker itself?

Am I going to need the serial number of the suppressor when I fill the document out?

Last edited:
Fill out the trust completely and print. Sign in front of the public notary and that's it.

I just purchased a suppressor from David at classiccityfirearms, my first NFA item.

I read through some old threads and I'm basically wanting some clarification.

1. I don't need a lawyer for a trust, I can make it myself with quicken will maker, if I'm willing to take a slight risk.

2. I don't need to file anything with the court. I print and fill out the trust form and have it notarized, then it's ready to use.

I don't know what I don't know, so feel free to add anything.

Correct on both counts....

I think its funny that when I bought mine, it said there were 3 left. Then I saw Freedoms thread here and there were 2 left, then saw NWS's posts and now there is one left. We are forever suppressor buddies. Im thinking im going to also go the quicken route and need to download it. Was there an option for you all to pay the tax or do you have to do that seperately through CCF after you do your trust?

Back
Top Bottom