• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New SUV "to me" choices...

Keep in mind the Cherokee, Durango, and Explorer are all unibody Crossovers, while the Wrangler and 4Runner are still body-on-frame trucks. To me that matters because I know body on frame construction is old-school durable and will last a long time. I do use my 4Runner though, loading it heavy for trips, hauling a utility trailer, four-wheeling, etc. and I expect 300k miles of hard use without any issues, just like the old Tacoma it replaced.

Body on Frame SUVs built in 2016:
Cadillac Escalade
Chevrolet Suburban
Chevrolet Tahoe
Ford Expedition
GMC Yukon
GMC Yukon XL
Infiniti QX80
Jeep Wrangler
Land Rover LR4
Lexus GX460
Lexus LX570
Lincoln Navigator
Mercedes-Benz G-Class
Nissan Armada
Toyota 4Runner
Toyota Land Cruiser
Toyota Sequoia

4runner without question out of those. We have a 2005 that we bought new that has 185k miles on it, and have only had to replace a coil pack, tires, and battery.

The trail edition 4runner doesn't have the 3rd row option, but the others models do. I am thinking about the Lexus GX460 (Land Cruiser Prado), for our next vehicle instead of a 4runner since the prices of the 4runner have jumped so much since the last time we bought new. There are some good deals at Carmax if youre looking at used.

Yeah I was shocked at the prices of 4Runners too when I bought mine. $30k is a lot of money for a 4x4 SUV. I thought. Then I looked at the prices for Tahoes. :shocked:

4Runner. Have an 06 with 275K, have had many Toyotas and never disappointed. The newer ones feel a little underpowered because it's basically the same motor as the last gen but the newer ones are heavier. My buddy works at Toyota and said he saw an 06 come in the other day with 750K on original motor and transmission.

Reactions: JHW
Toyota. I've had 2 Jeeps(CJ-7 and YJ), 2 GC's, and now have a sequoia. I just did a timing belt on it but other than that, just standard oil changes and maintenance. 125k miles and going strong.

Back
Top Bottom