• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New SVT40

daytonlawvol

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
57   1
Reaction score
Purchased a SVT40 from a guy on gunboards from upstate New York. Had been looking for one for a while and have noticed prices rise steadily over the $1000 mark on most, even the standard electro-pencil refubs. Guy offered it to me for under $1000 shipped, with two magazines and the gas adjustment tool. Although it was a bit worrisome to send that much money to someone for a rifle from that far away that I had never even touched before....I went ahead and did it and am very happy with what I got.

Didnt get to shoot it much but it is a very "mechanical" feeling gun like the SKS. For shooting a big round it does handle the 7.62x54r very well....MUCH better than a Mosin Nagant. Overall I am very pleased with the SVT40....one of my favorite guns to shoot. On the far right on the last photo.

IMG_1837.JPG IMG_1840.JPG IMG_1842.JPG IMG_1843.JPG IMG_1846.JPG

Purchased a SVT40 from a guy on gunboards from upstate New York. Had been looking for one for a while and have noticed prices rise steadily over the $1000 mark on most, even the standard electro-pencil refubs. Guy offered it to me for under $1000 shipped, with two magazines and the gas adjustment tool. Although it was a bit worrisome to send that much money to someone for a rifle from that far away that I had never even touched before....I went ahead and did it and am very happy with what I got.

Didnt get to shoot it much but it is a very "mechanical" feeling gun like the SKS. For shooting a big round it does handle the 7.62x54r very well....MUCH better than a Mosin Nagant. Overall I am very pleased with the SVT40....one of my favorite guns to shoot. On the far right on the last photo.

View attachment 833832 View attachment 833835 View attachment 833837 View attachment 833838 View attachment 833839
Crazy awesome.

Back
Top Bottom