• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New to Dawsonville area and looking for Fish

Yakgirlnorthga

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
I am new to the area and I would appreciate any info on the Best spots to try my hand at alittle Cold morning fishing. Bank Fishing ?? or from a Kayak that longs to hit the water again
Best Lakes in area ? What’s everybody catching ? Thanks for any available information

Stripers on Lake Lanier from a Yak are a blast. You probably won't ever clean up on them because you can't zoom around looking for schools, but one or two 10 to 25 pound fish are absolutely worth it when fishing from a kayak. Outside World right there in Dawsonville is one of the best kayak shops in the state and should be able to get you pointed in the right direction. There are also some good fishing reports for Lanier Striper on line. They can help a lot to zero in on where to find them and what they are hitting.

One thing, if you are going to hit the big water this time of year, a dry suit could be a life saver if you get dumped out of the boat.

I have not been to Outside World yet but will definitely check it out. Not sure about hitting the Big water yet Spring can’t get here soon enough for me I have moved here from Florida.
You know anything about Lakes in the Area ? Lake Allatoona or Lanier

I have not been to Outside World yet but will definitely check it out. Not sure about hitting the Big water yet Spring can’t get here soon enough for me I have moved here from Florida.

Some call allatoona the "dead sea", but from my past experiences crappie fishing in the spring can be a blast on the "toona" . Try creeks and coves and almost any jig will work when the dogwoods start blooming.

Dead Sea don’t like the sound of that !
I recently moved here from Florida and have mostly fished in the Sea haha
I purchased a used kayak from a friend in hopes of maybe not getting too home sick. Looking for a lake in the area to try until I get comfortable with my kayak.
Thanks for the information and I will watch for those dogwoods to bloom !

Go to Carters lake man Fish the Re-regulation pool below the damn. Stripers Walleye and Hybrid and spots galore. Have fun man.

DinkyDau DinkyDau May be able to point you in the right direction, he lives in your area. I've heard good things about lake blue ridge, but never fished it. Some of the North ga guy's will chime in.

Timmy I sold my center console years ago after the stroke..My primary target was striper, although I do love trout. As far as around Dawsonville, the only suggestions I would have are off 60 around Suches for trout, @carver is very familiar with that area..As for Striper I did Carters lake. I to grew up with salt water in my blood, living close to the keys and working there as a youngster. I miss those day's and @Yakgirlnorhtga I wish you tight lines! @hikingthehills holds several trout weekend adventures with ODT members..Watch for the announcement and join in, we would love to have you..

Back
Top Bottom