• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New to georgia

hudsonc2004

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
10   0
Reaction score
How's it going yall. I'm new to Georgia, been here about a year. I'm active duty Navy and I'm a recruiter over in Athens. So if you or someone you know would like to join please send them my way! 6785129347 is my work number.

Anyways! Been wanting to get back into hunting, I haven't been since i was a kid so I'm somewhat of a beginner. Can anyone point me in the right direction or where the decent spots are? I'm a seasoned shooter just haven't been hunting in quite awhile. Appreciate yall! This website is great!!

Welcome. In Georgia all you really have to do is get in the woods. If you hunt all season and don't get a deer, you weren't hunting
Nope nope nope...all you have to do is go to the woods, park on side of road and wait...once all us "seasoned" hunters get to moving into the woods, they'll come right to ya...
:yo: & where ya from der sailor?

Hey that makes sense! Definitely plan on getting out there. Any recommended areas on places to go around athens?
Fishing Creek WMA comes to mind. I'm sure there's others. I did hunt Fishing Creek years ago. Also you might find a lease or hunting club to get into. Always best to just own your own land and it's a good investment. You only need a few acres if it's set up right.

Nope nope nope...all you have to do is go to the woods, park on side of road and wait...once all us "seasoned" hunters get to moving into the woods, they'll come right to ya...
:yo: & where ya from der sailor?
LOL, you're almost right. Just check the rule book and you'll be good to go

Back
Top Bottom