• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New to Ham Radio

What helped me was making a RF choke with some coils of coax with ferrites on them.
Hmmm. Does that work better than a matching balun? Or is that basically the same.
I know Jeeps can be tough to get a good tune and I've only been successful on a jeep with a 102" whip, spring and pucked to the roll bar. Multiple ground straps on everything and then trimming whip or coax.
11 meter tune that is.

Ok, so after having the radio tuned and coax/antenna checked professionally I'm still unable to get swr's below 2 with the firestick and almost 3 with the 102" whip. I've tried both with and without the springs and actually does better without. I've also bonded the jeep body to chassis in four spots including the tailgate which is where my mount is located. All paint/oxidation has also been removed before I attached the bonds. Please, please somebody tell me what the heck is going on. I'm very surprised the firestick is out performing the whip as well. Could I be bonding incorrectly. I'm using flat braided strapping?

If you are into guns or yeti cups, I'll provide a free cerakote job on your cup or single color paint job on your pistol slide for the one who solves my problem .

Shawn
I guess we need to know what frequency you're checking SWR on? I've never had an issue with SWR using a 102" whip on the CB (27mhz) band, but if you're on 10m (28mhz), that 102" whip is too long.

Sent from my Droid Turbo using TapaTalk

Back
Top Bottom