• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New To me Garands

daytonlawvol

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
57   1
Reaction score
As I looked back on my decision to downsize my milsurp collection, I am still ok with what I got rid of. I have decided to focus on WWII rifles, especially American WWII rifles. I decided to jump in head first by upgrading the Garand collection.

Top is a Winchester Garand purchased from the CMP. Looks like it originally came from the CMP in June. I bought it from a guy in Washington. Stock in new CMP and very dry, it's sitting with a layer of BLO right now and will look very similar to the Garand in the middle of the picture soon. Is a post war refurb, with a 1951 Springfield barrel.

Middle is a Springfield dated to May 1944. I bought this from the CMP in October 2016. Has a new CMP stock that has been treated with BLO.

Bottom is an International Harvester. Not sure if the date. Haven't broken it down to look at internals yet. Pretty certain it is a International Harvester stock as well. Bought this from a separate guy in Washington as well.

I've got two more from the CMP coming soon. Hoping at least one is an HRA so I can complete the cycle of Garand manufacturers.

26ec75bcec13c69ef4deb7542da6bf1f.jpg
34739efeeab5d237ddb42b5d34fd3f63.jpg
28a3cb394cbafd09ff8e035e06f88fbc.jpg
4a16f7dd5c814ffbf8f9fcaac2a000d0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are dreaming to get and HRA front the CMP. But if you do go buy a lotto ticket.

Nice collection let's shoot em

I got and HRA from the CMP earlier this year with a new stock on it. I think it was a post WWII and even post Korean war, 1954-1956 if memory serves me right.

Back
Top Bottom