• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New to ODT from Alaska

Totally depends on what you want to do! Summertime is excellent for anything outdoors related, and fall/early spring are great for the aurora borealis!
Trip to Alaska is definitely on my bucket list but it will be a summertime trip. Pretty sure I'm allergic to that white stuff that falls from the sky up north during the winters.

Hello all! Had a friend of mine show me this forum a couple of weeks back, and I registered. Came across this thread today, so I figured it was time to post here. Wife and I moved from North Pole, AK, to western PA for a little while for family. I have family in Ellijay and the surrounding area, and I’m hoping to get back down there to visit soon. Love the outdoors and love collecting/shooting/training with firearms. Feel free to ask any questions!

The aurora over the road sign was north of Fairbanks, the aurora over the house was our house, and the sun photo was at Atigun Pass, the northernmost point in the Continental Divide.
Hi, and welcome! Your photos are gorgeous. Thank you.

Trip to Alaska is definitely on my bucket list but it will be a summertime trip. Pretty sure I'm allergic to that white stuff that falls from the sky up north during the winters.
Plenty of great stuff to do in the summer! The constant daylight, the fishing/anything outdoors, and the Alaska Railroad trip from Fairbanks down to Seward are all top notch! Just to name a few things.

Back
Top Bottom