• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New to the stick and string

cseay61

Default rank <500 posts Supporter
Survivalist
6   0
Reaction score
I just recently picked up a Bowtech Assassin and I absolutely love it. It still has the RAK system from where the original owner purchased it new. I went through heck and back just to get it ready for opening day. But I have gotten to were I want to spread my wings on it. I like how it is now but I see all these guys in shops with crazy stabilizers, sights, and what not and honestly I don't know enough yet about whether I need a better stabilizer, how much a different sight would help, or a different rest.

I've talked to a few quite arrogant bow technicians who point to the most expensive things they have and really just could careless about any questions I have.

Any help here?

Subscribed, interested in hearing. I've been thinking of getting into bow hunting as well. Never even shot a bow. I have a G27 that I've been thinking about getting rid of to get a bow setup.

Subscribed, interested in hearing. I've been thinking of getting into bow hunting as well. Never even shot a bow. I have a G27 that I've been thinking about getting rid of to get a bow setup.

that is awesome. I was weary at first but im looking into slings or making a paracord sling so if I don't shoot a deer during bow season I can carry it with me for gun season if I can get a shot.

I would recommend trying out every bow that you can. You can read reviews about performance but most are buy guys who only shoot a certain brand. I simply fell in love with the Bowtech. I did however like the ChillR.

Welcome to the addiction brother. Just remember that Fred Bear said that anything with a 35 pound draw weight will take down anything in north America. You got a good set up you should have no problems!

Do you know what kind of rest, stabilizer, and sights you are using? Single pin or multi pin sight? Fall away rest? Any specifics will help. I'm a bowtech guy myself, the first bow I was given was a bowtech and they are just great!

Welcome to the addiction brother. Just remember that Fred Bear said that anything with a 35 pound draw weight will take down anything in north America. You got a good set up you should have no problems!

thanks man! I hope so, the only advise I have been given is to practice and wax my string and I do plenty of that

Do you know what kind of rest, stabilizer, and sights you are using? Single pin or multi pin sight? Fall away rest? Any specifics will help. I'm a bowtech guy myself, the first bow I was given was a bowtech and they are just great!
It has a hostage rest, 4 pin sight, and I don't know the weight of the stabilizer. I tend not to google things because A. you might have a cold but google says cancer B. You second guess what you know and C. People say hipoints are good on certain forums

Yeah, dont get into the hype you need 70+ lbs to kill a deer. Also, I have always used a $40 whisker bisquit as a rest. Stabilizers help keep weight forward, or rearward to help you be more steady. I have a new Trophy Ridge React that I am liking. Up to you if you want 3 , 5, 7 etc. pins. Your arrows are pretty important. Look up arrow FOC.

Sounds good to go! What kind of release are you using? Also what arrows and broadheads are you planning on using?

Its trufire buckle release I cant remember the specific model name and the last guy I went to set me up on the radial x weave sti hunter 300s. again the first guy who set it up also didn't tell me what weight it was set at when it was all said and done so now I get to visit another shop to have all my info for weight. But the guy I traded tossed in broadheads I was able to return to walmart and I picked up carbon express fixed 4 blades 100gr.

Back
Top Bottom