• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New to the stick and string

OK it gets annoying when I post a problem and people ask me "Are you sure thats happening?"...but are you sure your hitting the cables and not hitting on the inside of that Hostage rest?
its ok, when i nock the arrow the fletching, sticks out further than the cable. All of my "practice arrows" all have the same bent fletching with it being the bottom right and it sitting properly in the rest. It is clearing the rest.

I think that if you are shooting well with the current setup just twist the nock a quarter turn or so to get clearance.
As far as re-tuning after moving the cable rod (if that's what you do) then yes a quick paper tune and re-sight will be needed. Just keep in mind that ANY change you make on the bow can and most likely will make a change in the flight of the arrow.

I think that if you are shooting well with the current setup just twist the nock a quarter turn or so to get clearance.
As far as re-tuning after moving the cable rod (if that's what you do) then yes a quick paper tune and re-sight will be needed. Just keep in mind that ANY change you make on the bow can and most likely will make a change in the flight of the arrow.
Well I twisted the noc, and it looks like it may clear, I did 2 arrows so that I can have some one watch when I shoot. Thank you every one for helping me out!

And I happened to have a limbsaver stabilizer, short cork screw like model. It reduced the vibration (what little there was but it was enough to feel a difference) and I noticed I was holding on target better, and was able to level the bow a lot better!

Well I just got it fixed! Took it to probably the best bow tec I've seen. Put a new cable slide on and boom perfect. If you're in the cumming area take your bow to Stacey wood at academy sports. He didn't bull**** me, gave me advice and fixed it up right. Didn't pay a penny other than the slide. But he will look at anyone's bow tell you exactly wha you need or might need and you can go from there.

Back
Top Bottom