• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New to the stick and string

its ok, when i nock the arrow the fletching, sticks out further than the cable. All of my "practice arrows" all have the same bent fletching with it being the bottom right and it sitting properly in the rest. It is clearing the rest.

put some lipstick on the cable, then shoot an arrow. if it doesnt have lipstick on it, your not hitting the cable.

Well I just got it fixed! Took it to probably the best bow tec I've seen. Put a new cable slide on and boom perfect. If you're in the cumming area take your bow to Stacey wood at academy sports. He didn't bull**** me, gave me advice and fixed it up right. Didn't pay a penny other than the slide. But he will look at anyone's bow tell you exactly wha you need or might need and you can go from there.

didnt see this post before my previous replies, glad you got it sorted out.

didnt see this post before my previous replies, glad you got it sorted out.
Thank you for you're advise, and yeah the guy I took it to knew exactly what he was doing. It took him about 2 minutes to realize that the slide that was on it was a Hoyt and not the original so slid a new limbsaver slide on looked it over and said go wear the target wall out. I made the rest of his shift easy haha.

The bow should balance in your hand. If your stabilizer is balancing your bow then you should be good. After that rest, sights, type of string. It is all a matter of opinion.

IMO.... Drop away rest, nice visible fixed pin sights (for hunting). I like round sight that co-witnesses my peep. Winner's Choice String!

I shot ASA 3D shoots back in the day. If you go to the big shoots you will realize bows are like guns, golf clubs, cars etc. Some of the guys are there to brag about their latest purchase and fancy bow or accessory. I was very competitive with my hunting bow! Moving up in class I did use a Moving sight and bit longer stabilizer but still good ole Mathews Q2!

The bow should balance in your hand. If your stabilizer is balancing your bow then you should be good. After that rest, sights, type of string. It is all a matter of opinion.

IMO.... Drop away rest, nice visible fixed pin sights (for hunting). I like round sight that co-witnesses my peep. Winner's Choice String!

I shot ASA 3D shoots back in the day. If you go to the big shoots you will realize bows are like guns, golf clubs, cars etc. Some of the guys are there to brag about their latest purchase and fancy bow or accessory. I was very competitive with my hunting bow! Moving up in class I did use a Moving sight and bit longer stabilizer but still good ole Mathews Q2!
Some of my buddies with bows all tell me what they have used or have especially with rests and sights. Yeah the sight I have isn't the best but I like it. If it Had smaller pins I'd be happy. And I've seen fall aways not work or fail to work properly. Then I have the guy I know that's it not a bow without the biscuit. By as of now I enjoy the hostage rest I have and am considering other hostage rests

Some of my buddies with bows all tell me what they have used or have especially with rests and sights. Yeah the sight I have isn't the best but I like it. If it Had smaller pins I'd be happy. And I've seen fall aways not work or fail to work properly. Then I have the guy I know that's it not a bow without the biscuit. By as of now I enjoy the hostage rest I have and am considering other hostage rests
My bow came with a QAD drop away and i'm happy with it,but if buying new I would most likely go with a Biscuit or Hostage just for the simplicity of it. If it ever fails, even in the backyard its coming off.

Agree 100% with the smaller pins! Personally had zero issues with the drop aways. I have shot the biscuit, but no experience with the hostages.

Good Luck on stabbing one this season!

Back
Top Bottom