• Next ODT Gun Show - Nov 16, 2024! - Click here for info

New Trader request

I’ll be honest, the first thing I do is read a person’s negative feedback…..if they have any. However, I never let it keep me from PM with the person if it’s something I’m interested in. One negative feedback is one persons side of the story. I try not to let that keep me from doing business not knowing the other side of the story. Wanting my personal information right off the rip is definitely “sketchy!”

Isn’t the whole goal of the gun community to get more people involved? You have the same mentality as most of the boomers on here. Sure, there are some bad apples, but there are also some good people who are just getting into guns

That might be because of the number of "deals" I've reviewed. No one has to deal with anyone here, it's their stuff. Until you have a deal in PM per the site rules, they can ignore you all they want.

We have lots of new users every day who have zero problems figuring the process out. We also have a few that think it's OK to just open a new account whenever it doesn't go their way.

New trader joined 7 days ago. Zero feedback. Replies to my listing in the comments (not PM), asks for a number and says they have a firearm that I may be interested in. No description of the firearm, or what the firearm is other than “ar”,or pics. I’m curious on what others think? Thanks!
**** that shyte

That might be because of the number of "deals" I've reviewed. No one has to deal with anyone here, it's their stuff. Until you have a deal in PM per the site rules, they can ignore you all they want.

We have lots of new users every day who have zero problems figuring the process out. We also have a few that think it's OK to just open a new account whenever it doesn't go their way.
I’ve never understood what’s wrong with having multiple accounts. If you’re not scamming people, what’s the issue?

I’ve never understood what’s wrong with having multiple accounts. If you’re not scamming people, what’s the issue?

Among other things, that's the primary way folks try to get around the feedback system. You get one account.

Run. Dear God, run. Don’t look back… just run.
Run Boy.gif

Run Fat boy.gif

UPDATE:

So I decided to PM this new trader. I sent a message saying that I saw his comment on my post, and asked what he had in mind. He replies saying that he has an AR that he would like to trade and could send me pics. I reply OK. He replies back and again ask for a phone number to send the pics to. My reply is for him to send them in a PM. All of this conversation took place in a matter of a few minutes. Once I asked for the pics to be sent via PM, all conversation stopped and haven’t had a response in over two hours. I don’t want to jump to conclusions, but it just seems shady to me.
He is an information farmer.

Marketplace is slammed with these people collecting data.

Back
Top Bottom