• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Truck project

For just carb set ups Summit makes a carb you can just lift off the top to change components. They sell them to support up to 850 HP. Of course there are small fasteners ( hex bolts I believe ) to secure the top but no fuel pours out between adjustments. Holleys are easy to tune it just takes time, power valve, jets, accelerator pumps and Vacuum Secondaries diaphram all need to be addressed. Unless it's mechanical Secondaries which is a different process all together. It's no wonder why kids these days use FI. I taught myself HP Tuners and Diagnostics analyzer to when I highly modified my 2002 Ram Air Trans Am. It had everything but the kitchen sink with a. 600 lift plus bumpstick.😁

DC4FFA9E-DD56-44D9-9917-68552F574F7C.jpeg
BF8FF23F-7440-41D8-96CA-479930173A4A.jpeg

Looks like a king weekend full of lowering the ass end of the “Sweaty Betty “ project Western suspension Flip kit! McGaughys C-Notch kit! And the Belltech Nitro 2 shocks ! And UMI performance rear shock relocation kit. Daaum lot of work ahead.

For just carb set ups Summit makes a carb you can just lift off the top to change components. They sell them to support up to 850 HP. Of course there are small fasteners ( hex bolts I believe ) to secure the top but no fuel pours out between adjustments. Holleys are easy to tune it just takes time, power valve, jets, accelerator pumps and Vacuum Secondaries diaphram all need to be addressed. Unless it's mechanical Secondaries which is a different process all together. It's no wonder why kids these days use FI. I taught myself HP Tuners and Diagnostics analyzer to when I highly modified my 2002 Ram Air Trans Am. It had everything but the kitchen sink with a. 600 lift plus bumpstick.😁
I used to run the warranty dept at SUPER SHOPS .. I have so many Holley parts we did in-house refurbs set ups and carb tuning per customer. Everything from basic 1850 to Dominators.. power valves for just about every vacuum level, metering bocks accelerator pumps and pump cams.. Holley is my carb of choice.. I’ve don’t a lot with Quadrajets and believe it or not the Ford variable Venturi used on the 80s police cars.

I used to run the warranty dept at SUPER SHOPS .. I have so many Holley parts we did in-house refurbs set ups and carb tuning per customer. Everything from basic 1850 to Dominators.. power valves for just about every vacuum level, metering bocks accelerator pumps and pump cams.. Holley is my carb of choice.. I’ve don’t a lot with Quadrajets and believe it or not the Ford variable Venturi used on the 80s police cars.
Sounds like you got it covered. I used to manage a parts store in Marietta back in the late 80's and early 90's. So many people trying thier hand and tuning cars. Of course it was always the carb when 90% of the time it wasn't. I use to make a killing rebuilding carbs for guys insisting it was carb related when it wasn't. 3 days to soak and rebuild = 75 to 100 in my pocket. I did two a week which is all I wanted to do. I had to get my drank on for I was still in my early 20's. You know the deal. Had to get my drank on to get my stank on. 😁

View attachment 4669691View attachment 4669693
Looks like a king weekend full of lowering the ass end of the “Sweaty Betty “ project Western suspension Flip kit! McGaughys C-Notch kit! And the Belltech Nitro 2 shocks ! And UMI performance rear shock relocation kit. Daaum lot of work ahead.
I don't envy your work load on that. Holy Moses my back would have me in traction. Really!

Just a bit of nostalgia. This is the tool box ( the top box of a stack on, one of them anyway ) I had when I started working on cars. I was 15 & 1/2 when I purchased my 1967 Plymouth Belvedere. The stickers on the inside of the top box are from the intake/ Holley carb / air cleaner package I ordered from Summit back then when the only one was in Akron Ohio. Also the HEDMAN headers sticker I got with the B-body set I got is still there. On the Summit racing sticker you can see Akron Ohio. That was in 1983. Oh that mark on the CompCams sticker is when I got pissed at my girlfriend and hurled a wrench. LOL I used all the parts to get those stickers. No sticker fraud there.

Attachments

• 20220830_164118.jpg
    20220830_164118.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 12
  • 20220830_164100.jpg
    20220830_164100.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 11
Just a bit of nostalgia. This is the tool box ( the top box of a stack on, one of them anyway ) I had when I started working on cars. I was 15 & 1/2 when I purchased my 1967 Plymouth Belvedere. The stickers on the inside of the top box are from the intake/ Holley carb / air cleaner package I ordered from Summit back then when the only one was in Akron Ohio. Also the HEDMAN headers sticker I got with the B-body set I got is still there. On the Summit racing sticker you can see Akron Ohio. That was in 1983. Oh that mark on the CompCams sticker is when I got pissed at my girlfriend and hurled a wrench. LOL I used all the parts to get those stickers. No sticker fraud there.
Thats cool, I acualy get mad when they dont send them and i have to call for a mail envelope full from MFD. have an entire tool box cabinet and air compressor full of stickers of all the parts used over the years..the air tank looks like a patchwork quilt.. pics incoming!

3F35599F-77BC-4AC5-B19C-A92CDD29CF92.jpeg
5BBB02E2-F096-4391-BDEE-67E55339F5FF.jpeg
843D490B-4F49-4F92-BBB3-F23885754C61.jpeg

Just a few stickers….

Attachments

• 12A630EC-1E4A-4EFF-8362-D3C6204B63FC.jpeg
    12A630EC-1E4A-4EFF-8362-D3C6204B63FC.jpeg
    206.1 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom