• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New version of the Harkonnen heart plug

It's sad. There is a whole family at the end of the hall. "I don't think he's doing too well", is how the nurse put it.

Yes, being in a hospital can be sad at times, even on the Labor/Delivery section.

I spent 6+ years as a techie in a hospital so I'll tell you one of my funniest stories to liven up your hospital stay - you can share it with the nurses for brownie points.

I was called to the Radiology/Imaging department to fix some doomahickie and the lady there said, "It's in the second room on the left". As I was walking into the SECOND room I could hear her high-pitched voice screeching "THIRD door on the left!"

There I was facing an elderly woman who was all ready for her mammogram. She smiled and said "Hello Doctor", because of course I was wearing a tie and carrying my small tool bag. As I backed out the door I said, "Sorry, ma'am, you are not the patient I was looking for."

The lady who gave me the wrong room number tried to blame it on me, which would have been a firing offense, but the other ladies she worked with backed up my version of the story.

Even more fun was when I would walk out of a room after fixing a printer, and patients would see me taking off exam gloves covered in blue (ink) or brown (grease) ... and they thought I had been doing an exam on a patient. It was all I could do not to wink and say something like, "I guess she'll live".

Geeze man! I just saw this- I hope you heal up quickly and they get your shoulder straightened out.

Give me a call if you need some help with anything-

Back
Top Bottom