• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New York passes law concerning ammo.

I am sure that the criminals that are getting their guns illegally will have no problem getting the ammo from the same source
Can't fix stupid even when the people making the laws already know this.

The objective really isn't to stop people buying ammo anonymously. It's to stop ammo being sold in NY at all.

Compliance for the small stores is just too costly. For the larger stores, compliance is a just a chore. Which is why NY will "encourage" the larger stores to stop selling ammo via another mechanism, such as public activism against places like Walmart, who won't want their whole business impacted by being called "dealers of death" and can be bought off by some "helpful legislation" in another area.

I am sure that the criminals that are getting their guns illegally will have no problem getting the ammo from the same source
Can't fix stupid even when the people making the laws already know this.
Exactly! I am sure Free base Jones is not walking into Cabelas to buy his Glock. The same people selling the clean guns ( no dead body connected to it) will up his profit margins by selling ammo out of the same car trunk the handgun was in. These politicians are just brilliant. I amazes me the very intellectual avenues they take to stop violence.

Potential customer "Excuse me Mr. Gun dealer do you have any ammo to go with this gun? "

Gun dealer " Yes, yes I do! It's right there beside the bags of crack."

Don't NYers have to show some type of gun license ID to purchase ammo already?

Was on Long Island one time at a gun shop and a lady came in to buy a box of .38s, but first had to show a permit or firearm ID to purchase. This was back @ 2018.

Commiefornia did the same BS years ago, another in the long list of retardation that has resulted in middle class exodus from the state. You don't see it much in the population stats since fresh immigrants are still keeping the numbers up and at the same time, increasing the Dimocratic majority.

Don't NYers have to show some type of gun license ID to purchase ammo already?

Was on Long Island one time at a gun shop and a lady came in to buy a box of .38s, but first had to show a permit or firearm ID to purchase. This was back @ 2018.

My experience from visiting family there is that if it's considered a handgun cartridge, they have to see a pistol permit. Never mind that the .38 ammo you wanted to buy might have been for a Henry lever action rifle, etc. It don't matter, they can't sell it.

Back
Top Bottom