• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New York passes law concerning ammo.

But the death count from shooting will still increase so they will just find another excuse to ban anything related to guns/ammo…..Mew gun law in NY all pistols must be sold without triggers!! No triggers = no shootings = No deaths Blah blah blah……

Western New Yorkers are now required to pass a background check to purchase ammunition. Someone higher up on the food chain thinks it'll lower crime rate by 22%. Obviously she doesn't take into consideration they can drive over the state line to acquire ammunition. Now that will open up a whole new black market on ammo and put it right there with other illicit substances or items.

This has been the case in Connecticut since just after Sandy Hook.

The legislature introduced a "Long Gun Eligibility Certificate" which you needed to have to "purchase or receive" a long gun (and you had to register the gun with the state too), and an "Ammunition Purchase Certificate",

You had to have either of the above permits, or a Handgun permit in order to purchase any ammunition in or delivered to the state of CT. Given its size and location, a lot of in-person ammo sales were made by CT residents driving to NY or MA and making purchases there (usually, quite wisely, in cash)

It’s going to get to where you will soon have to register BB/pellet ammo and razor blades.
USSR & communists Reds are coming quick !

how will they know where you got ammo? and how they gonna prove it? serialize all the cartridges? Biggest black market scheme since prohibitions on its way
Like Connecticut. They'll introduce a purchasing permit and put the onus on legitimate ammo sellers to ensure that all sales made via retail or mail order to NY addresses have photocopies of the permit.

If it works as intended, it'll be such an overhead that lots of smaller sellers will just stop selling ammo.

Mission accomplished.

Because NY city/county controls the legislature --
Metro atlanta will soon control georgia --
pretty much the same in all states with a large metro area --
I've been watching NY since I got married to my wife 26 years ago. Her family is from NY and avid hunters. As my brother in law says while pointing at the city...anything they want they get, we're screwed. Been watching Atlanta ever since....waiting.

"how they know where you got ammo" --
Legislation was passed years ago in calif to require serial number on bullet -- micro engraved --
I don't think it can quite be done yet -- anyway it has not been enforced, yet --

I just read that in Rochester New York anybody that has purchased a semi-automatic rifle after September 4th 2022 has to get a permit for it. Anything prior to that doesn't require the permit. They're just steam rolling over everything. I mean what's next?

Back
Top Bottom