• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Newb- first AR purchase

New to the site so don’t take me over the coals too bad. I am looking to buy, not build yet, my first AR15. Right now just looking for something fun to shoot. I am still learning a lot about this new hobby so any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Rec’s on what to buy? Brands to stay away from?

price point up to 1k.

Do you have the Georgia Weapons Lic? If not Get it.

Look up Truprep aka Kudzu Tactical (Marietta) who offers free transfers without the BS for online purchases transferred in if you fill their form out online and if you have a lic or a member of Georgiacarry.org.

I suggest going to a few ranges and renting some. There is the standard Direct Impingement and there is a piston system.

Most people upgrade regardless but with that budget get the most you can. Buy once, cry once sort of thing but remember Milspec is Milspec. You pay for the name and usually get a nicer finish and a better system overall with the known names like mentioned previously. Do you buy a base model car and modify it to your liking or buy it by name with all the bells already installed?

www.relatably.com_m_img_welcome_memes_63341322.jpg

Do you have the Georgia Weapons Lic? If not Get it.

Look up Truprep aka Kudzu Tactical (Marietta) who offers free transfers without the BS for online purchases transferred in if you fill their form out online and if you have a lic or a member of Georgiacarry.org.

I suggest going to a few ranges and renting some. There is the standard Direct Impingement and there is a piston system.

Most people upgrade regardless but with that budget get the most you can. Buy once, cry once sort of thing but remember Milspec is Milspec. You pay for the name and usually get a nicer finish and a better system overall with the known names like mentioned previously. Do you buy a base model car and modify it to your liking or buy it by name with all the bells already installed?

I do. I’ve been carrying and shooting handguns for a hot minute now. Decided to expand this black hole Id like to call a hobby.
Trueprep is right down the road from me-I appreciate the info!

Buy from Dahlonega Gold and Pawn for cost + $10ish, ship it to trueprep....

Two years ago i went over to a clients home range to shoot a new pistol. He asked if i wanted to shoot his AR. I said i had no interest in one but what the hay........just let me say upgrades and spare parts " Cause it was on sale" will morph into at least one build.....or three...or four...damn legos for grownups.

Back
Top Bottom