• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Newbie ammo dilemma

Oh if you have access to reliable tracers, ones that begin their tracing almost immediately at the muzzle and go out at least 100 yards, you may want to test some and see if they're suitable for low light shooting without
causing you night blindness .

If you find such tracers that work well, consider putting a couple of them near the end of each of your magazines that you keep loaded for defense. This will give you a visual clue that you're about out of ammo in that mag .

Start out with cheap reliable rounds, a lot of cheap rounds and a couple extra magazines. Go to the range until you get used to the gun or don't like it. The cheap rounds will also work for defense and hunting, not as well but they do the job.

Like what was said before use what you want at the range. For indoor protection use a soft point ammo. That is where the lead tip is exposed. They deliver devastating wounds and more than likely won't go through to many wall before exploding. I traded a bunch of FMJ for a bunch of soft tip for my 6.8. The guy that traded me the 6.8 said the whole front part of the deer was wasted and it's just plain screwed up the meat. That will give you an idea of soft point damage. It just plain devastating.

If you find such tracers that work well, consider putting a couple of them near the end of each of your magazines that you keep loaded for defense. This will give you a visual clue that you're about out of ammo in that mag .

He wants it for home defense. Where does he live, Afghanastan?

Back
Top Bottom