• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Newbie ammo dilemma

If your gun has a sproing noise when shot, put a very thin layer of bearing grease on the buffer spring. It will quite it down and also reduce wear in the buffer tube. It's just a good idea all the way around. Or you could spend 200 dollars on a silent captured spring device. 200 bucks or a dab of bearing grease I will leave that decision up to you. I use a little grease on all my guns. I hate that noise. The first time I shot one years ago I thought this thing sounds like ****. It's not mandatory it just takes out that hellish noise some guns make when shot. Just giving you a heads up on what to expect when you shoot it for the first time. The first time I shot a AR15 I drove away thinking there's gotta be a better way. LOL Don't put too much in there or it will lock up in cold weather tighter than a cows ass in fly season.

Green tip ammo, as well as steel cased ammo, is banned from use at many ranges.

The 5.56 has less over penetration through walls than pistol rounds or 00 buckshot. It also has better terminal performance.

Using an AR for house defense has nothing to do with thinking you're in Afghanistan. It's about taking every advantage possible in case the unthinkable does happen

Green to ammo, as well as steel cased ammo, is banned from use at many ranges.

The 5.56 has less over penetration through walls than pistol rounds or 00 buckshot. It also has better terminal performance.

Using an AR for house defense has nothing to do with thinking you're in Afghanistan. It's about taking every advantage possible in case the unthinkable does happen

I don't believe they were knocking 5.56 for home defense. I think they were cracking fun at the tip with the tracers.

Back
Top Bottom