• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Newbie in North Georgia

Gingerbeard Man

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Fornicate around and findeth out.
439   1
Reaction score
Hi y'all. Name's Ryan. I am originally from Utah; moved to Georgia summer of 2017. In Utah we have utahgunexchange.com and what has felt like an eternity, I was unable to find something similar here in Georgia. I ended up trading a lot of my inventory for a motorcycle project (another one of my passions) but am looking to get back into the swing of things.

Another hiccup I have noticed is the lack of public shooting ranges. I am not avid enough to pay an annual club fee but would like an open range, not indoor, to shoot my rifles similar to the Lions Club in Bountiful, Utah. After watching some people handle firearms in a closed range, it makes me nervous to be in confined areas with that much ignorance around me. I also like to be in nature, sharing this hobby with my son. Feels a lot more natural. So if you have some suggestions that would fit that criteria (public shooting range outdoor and unincorporated areas where you can shoot) please send me some info.

A few things I am looking for since I have the stage.

- Chiappa Rhino chambered in .357 (I know I probably lost some respect with this one but hey, I like weird and it's a gun I owned and sold before moving)
- .38 revolvers
- .357 revolvers
- Chiappa Little Badger .22 (for my boy)
- AR pistols chambered in 9mm
- Kel Tec SU-16 chambered in .223/5.56
- Kel Tec Sub 2000 chambered in 9mm (no .40 S&W)
- Ruger Charger 10/22
- Mosin Nagant

If you have Instagram, you can view my profile and go back to 2017ish to see some of my collection. Most of it is gone but not forgotten. @motorhino

Love it here, by the way. Georgia has been good to my little family.

I'm sure I will meet up with a lot of you now that I have found a firearm place to call home online.

**Quick Edit** I am not sure how much I will list on here but figured I would support where I could. $15 could either go to a sub-par lunch at work or support a good site with good folks.

**One more edit** Just wanted to give a shout out to Clay and team at Forsyth Gun & Pawn for pointing me to this forum on Saturday. Great group of guys there if you're ever in the area.

Attachments

• IMG_2617.JPG
    IMG_2617.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 40
Back
Top Bottom