• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Newbie needing some advice!

He has a legal statement/1 page addendum you send in with your paperwork that neglects having to fingerprint every other person and names you the only responsible person

Yeah thats just the addendum but so that no one has any misconceptions a trust does NOT bypass the requirement set forth for responsible persons. Anyone listed as a trustee on that trust still needs to submit fingerprints photos.

Yeah thats just the addendum but so that no one has any misconceptions a trust does NOT bypass the requirement set forth for responsible persons. Anyone listed as a trustee on that trust still needs to submit fingerprints photos.

Not with my last 2 approved cans :noidea: I was the only person that had to submit photo/fingerprints

Not with my last 2 approved cans :noidea: I was the only person that had to submit photo/fingerprints

You still had to submit them. Ak's post made it sound like with a trust NO ONE has to submit them.

Also while the amendment/destroy amendment process might work for approvals god forbid if the ATF ever decides to start auditing trust and Schedule As

Lazarus Lazarus sorry if I worded that wrong. But its what I've been doing. I don't recall having a Schedule A on my trust. I don't look at the paperwork often so I might be wrong on that.

I still don’t see the big deal with trusts? Especially if you’re going to be sole-owner.

Just file individually and save yourself money, time, and hassle?

I still don’t see the big deal with trusts? Especially if you’re going to be sole-owner.

Just file individually and save yourself money, time, and hassle?

It would be hard for me to go trust if I was just getting into the NFA game. Unfortunately my OCD won’t allow me to start filing for things as an individual

It would be hard for me to go trust if I was just getting into the NFA game. Unfortunately my OCD won’t allow me to start filing for things as an individual
Haha I totally understand that but for the OP just getting into the game, save yourself some hassle and just file individually especially in his situation

If you go the trust route, use Dean's (cant remember his username) trust. You can bypass the responsible persons nonsense. I have my goddaughter on my beneficiary list and she's only 6. So if she does decide to want to learn about and use guns including my NFA items she has access once I add her to the list of trustee's. You can have people on both trustee and beneficiary list on your trust. But if you go individual and want to go to a trust later you will have to pay the transfer on EACH item. So if it was me, I'd rather have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. Just my 2¢.
@heavyd will take care of you

Back
Top Bottom