• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Newbie Question

gprecise

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
41   0
Reaction score
I`m trying to get set up to reload, but I live in a very rural area and can`t find powder and primers in my hometown of Summerville. I can order bullets online, but powder and primers are to expensive with Haz-Mat fees and shipping. My question is, where in the extreme north west Georgia area can I buy powder and primers. I`m talking in the Rome to Calhoun to Fort Oglethorpe areas. Does anybody in my area reload and know any place.

There is a gun show in Dalton periodically. Here is the info for the next one in January:

Jan 15-16 Dalton, NW Georgia Trade Center, 2211 Dug Gap Battle Rd dealer set-up Fri 3-7, Sat 8-9 Show Hours: Sat 9-5, Sun 10-5 Eastman Gun Shows, Inc 229-423-4867 229-425-9881

I was up in chattanooga recently and went to the sportsmans warehouse right off I-75 going towards the airport. I was very impressed with their reloading selection (powder, bullets, primers, brass, books, tools, etc.). Their prices were better than just about anywhere I've looked recently. Other good places in GA (but not close to you) are Bullseye in Lawrenceville, Franklins in Athens, and Bass Pro Shops in Atlanta and Macon...

Hey gary, theres a couple stores in rome with some stuff and also have you checked timberghost in calhoun? id be willing theyd be the best bet in northwest ga. Ill call the owner real quick and see what they got.

I called timberghost they dont keep a full stock anymore because there wasnt a hig enough demand for it, he said however you can figure out what powder and primers you need and they can order it for you as you need it and pick it up at the store

if your down my way, advanced bullets sells stuff, but that would be a last resort. prices are higher than a giraffes ass.

if you ever make it down to rome, Country Sportsman carries bullets, and powder and i think they have primers.

Thanks for all of the replies guys. It gives me some places to check out. One of them will have what I need for sure. And Bear if your place is as you so eloquently put it "High as a giraffes ass" I `ll have to stay away for there. LMAO

I reload and know where all the good stuff is in your area.

1) CW Barrett in Calhoun. Shop is located on Hwy 53. Great shop and tons of reloading stuff, good prices too.

2) Georgia Gun Trader in Ringgold, GA.

3) Sportsman's Warehouse in Chattanooga, TN.

4) Team up with other reloader's in your area, and watch the classifieds section here and on other sites.

I really don't know how Timberghost is still in business, they have nothing as far as gun stuff and what they do have is HIGH.

Hope this helps, check Barrett out, you'll like!

Back
Top Bottom