• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Newbie Question

Powder Valley or Widener's online both have Wolf primers in stock for about $20/ 1000. Even with shipping and Haz-Mat fee that's probably cheaper than local prices for CCI, Federal, or Winchester.

I have to say gun shows are not a bad way to go. That's about the only reason I will go to a gun show these days - so if I don't need supplies or want a new toy, I stay away from them. Better for the bank account that way...LOL.

just an FYI but I usually can find primers for under $30/1k for most brands, powder I've been able to find for $20-25/lb. That's all local prices but I've had to look here and there for it. i've seen a lb of Varget as high as $38 locallly as well, primer prices all over the board as well.

now that the reloading supplies are readily available, the prices are dropping at most shops but some shops haven't figured that out yet. lol...

I used to go to the gun shows to pick up powder and primers, but haven't been to one in a while.

I went to CW Barretts and they were closed. Had a homemade sign out front that said "Closed"
This was at about 3:45 this afternoon. Tell me that they have not gone out of business.

I went to CW Barretts and they were closed. Had a homemade sign out front that said "Closed"
This was at about 3:45 this afternoon. Tell me that they have not gone out of business.

Nope he's not out of business, he's old:) He has weird hours and is at the doctor's office sometimes. Hours are weird, he's open only till 12 noon on M, T, and maybe W, but he's open till 5 or 6 on Thurs., F and maybe Sat. I would call first, make sure he's in. He lives next door in the brick house and if he knows you and is home, he'll come out and open shop after hours sometimes. Don't give up on him, you'll like what's inside.

Back
Top Bottom