• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Newer Nissan Frontier Trucks

I had the 4 door SV I think? 2009 and 2011 I bought both brand new. Both 2wd so I can't comment on the 4wd.

2011 was a 6 speed manual. Better mpg and more power than the automatic. The automatic was very inconsistent when gearing down to accelerate or pass. A lot of times it wouldn't gear down low enough and therefore you wouldn't have any passing oomph. I have a bad lower back and those seats are hell. I had cloth in both trucks. Absolutely TERRIBLE seats. Outside of that, no issues.

Has Nissan fixed the strawberry milkshake auto trans problem?

I had a 2006. The auto trans went out on 575 and cost me a ton of money to replace. There weren't any used ones because they all had the same problem. A rebuilt one was hard to find and was $$$$. I'm a Toyota guy now.

I had a 2008 Frontier as work truck (through my employer) a little over a decade ago. We put 142,000 miles on it a couple of years. No issues other than the transmission crapping out at 135k. I think that was also due in part to the company owner towing 4,000 lb trailers with it on weekends. Other than that, I think the egr valve at about 140,000. It rode well, had ok power, and was moderately comfortable to drive.

I had a 2017 Frontier extended cab. I hated my truck. I used to be a Nissan fanboy and owned a D21 hardbody, which I loved. First off, the paint and clear coat is THIN. I mean, very thing. You breathe on it and you'll scratch it. If you buy one, immediately take it to a paint shop and have a thicker clear coat or ceramic coating. After 1 month, I had so many pebble chips on the front of my hood, it looked like a map of the stars. The metal is paper thin. You brush up against your truck, you're gonna dent/ding it. I only had it 2 years and I had a TON of door dings, scratches, gouges, etc. This truck is NOT tough. It's a sissy. It has the turning radius of a 86 Cadillac. You can't get it in and out of anywhere, the turning assist sucks. At slower parking lot speeds, it drives like a 3500 dually. Also, the downhill assist (down shifts when you apply the brakes and puts load on your transmission) CANNOT BE TURNED OFF! Extra wear and tear on your transmission. They haven't redesigned the Frontier in 9 years. It's cosmetically different, but SERIOUSLY behind on mechanical/amenities. The bluetooth sucked and kept disconnecting from my Galaxy S9. When accelerating, it holds the gear too long and overrevs the engine. It acts like it's "Stuck" too long until it finally shifts. I often engaged the tow button to get it to disengage.

Overall, it's the cheapest V6 4x4 on the market. But, it's the CHEAPEST POS that I will NEVER own again. When you spend that kind of money on a truck, you expect it to be a TRUCK! Tough little SOB you can rough up a bit and still perform and look good. Nissan Frontier is not a great truck. I would go with a used Chevy full size for the price. I couldn't afford a Toyota at the time, but I was happy that mine got totaled and I don't have to drive that **** box anymore. I hated getting in that truck EVERY DAY.

I had a 2017 Frontier extended cab. I hated my truck. I used to be a Nissan fanboy and owned a D21 hardbody, which I loved. First off, the paint and clear coat is THIN. I mean, very thing. You breathe on it and you'll scratch it. If you buy one, immediately take it to a paint shop and have a thicker clear coat or ceramic coating. After 1 month, I had so many pebble chips on the front of my hood, it looked like a map of the stars. The metal is paper thin. You brush up against your truck, you're gonna dent/ding it. I only had it 2 years and I had a TON of door dings, scratches, gouges, etc. This truck is NOT tough. It's a sissy. It has the turning radius of a 86 Cadillac. You can't get it in and out of anywhere, the turning assist sucks. At slower parking lot speeds, it drives like a 3500 dually. Also, the downhill assist (down shifts when you apply the brakes and puts load on your transmission) CANNOT BE TURNED OFF! Extra wear and tear on your transmission. They haven't redesigned the Frontier in 9 years. It's cosmetically different, but SERIOUSLY behind on mechanical/amenities. The bluetooth sucked and kept disconnecting from my Galaxy S9. When accelerating, it holds the gear too long and overrevs the engine. It acts like it's "Stuck" too long until it finally shifts. I often engaged the tow button to get it to disengage.

Overall, it's the cheapest V6 4x4 on the market. But, it's the CHEAPEST POS that I will NEVER own again. When you spend that kind of money on a truck, you expect it to be a TRUCK! Tough little SOB you can rough up a bit and still perform and look good. Nissan Frontier is not a great truck. I would go with a used Chevy full size for the price. I couldn't afford a Toyota at the time, but I was happy that mine got totaled and I don't have to drive that **** box anymore. I hated getting in that truck EVERY DAY.
WOW.......... Total opposite for me.....but I have the 09 XE short wheel base. Cali and back no problem !00 plus though Texas , working solar valley Going back and fourth to Hanford easy !00 when we could for a year. Had to replace the upstream cat have to do it again today due to trying to save a buck and bought a cheap one. I pulled my fat but around for 222000mi hauled 100 gal fuel tanks, welding machine's etc....
I keep fresh oil in it and have flushed the tranny three time's over the years. Bought it new and would do it again in a min

Back
Top Bottom