• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Next purchase suggestions wanted

Talk about art meeting function, I would go with a Beretta 92 variation. Put wood grips on it and nothing looks any better. It shoots great although the grips are a little wide for me. I guess I am biased since I've had 5 of them, both American and Italian built.

image.jpeg

One has to have a 1911 to round a good collection of guns. They handle like no other handgun. They come in a variety of calibers and price points. I you go with a 1911 the Remington R1 is a good choice or a second hand Ruger. If you buy one second hand which I highly recommend to get a little more gun for the money. The 45 acp is a great self defense cartridge. The Rock Island Armory is a decent gun as well and in your price range.

Pride of ownership is motivation to collecting so I don't think a 500 dollar 1911 is gonna do it for ya. Decide what you really want then buy the best you can afford.

There is nothing wrong with a mil spec Springfield in stainless and they can be had for that price if you look hard enough. Springfield makes a fine 1911. Nothing wrong with one of then at all. I have a 900 dollar 1911 and a 1100 dollar 1911 and I still plan on picking up another Springfield when I find the right one. The Springfield 1911's are just as good as a lot of the higher dollar ones. If they weren't I wouldn't be looking to replace the one I sold. They are really good 1911's and that's a fact.

Back
Top Bottom