• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NFA Branch has been reorganized!

What really chaps my ass is this. I already have two NFA items, a carry permit and have passed the background check for an FFL. Why the hell should I still have to go through this ridiculous process every time I want to buy another NFA item?

Of course the obvious thing it that there should be no NFA items at all. How does a SBR or suppressor kill you deader than a standard length and unsuppressed weapon?

What really chaps my ass is this. I already have two NFA items, a carry permit and have passed the background check for an FFL. Why the hell should I still have to go through this ridiculous process every time I want to buy another NFA item?

Of course the obvious thing it that there should be no NFA items at all. How does a SBR or suppressor kill you deader than a standard length and unsuppressed weapon?

I agree. Personally I think the only thing that should be on the registry are full autos and destructive/explosive devices and even that we can discuss further.

Youre looking at it all wrong! I like to think about it like this: We pay our $200. If it takes them 8 months (I wish) that means they are working their fingers to the bone for around 240 work days. Thats 1,920 hours of hard work devoted to me and me alone. Unless my math is off (it probably is) that means we are getting hours and hours of backbreaking, difficult, tedious labor for less than 10 cents an hour.

That is a "deal of the day" situation.

Youre looking at it all wrong! I like to think about it like this: We pay our $200. If it takes them 8 months (I wish) that means they are working their fingers to the bone for around 240 work days. Thats 1,920 hours of hard work devoted to me and me alone. Unless my math is off (it probably is) that means we are getting hours and hours of backbreaking, difficult, tedious labor for less than 10 cents an hour.

If this were true, then at least maybe I would feel like the price I am extorted to pay to enjoy my constitutional right might have some tangible value.

Repeal the NFA!

More like, they're working on someone else's stuff for 9 months, right up until 15 minutes before they approve yours.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

If it's a typical Government restructure, they probably moved people quick at approving forms to other departments, moved new folks into those positions, and probably added a few steps to the process to drag it out even longer internally...you know, "efficiency".

If it's a typical Government restructure, they probably moved people quick at approving forms to other departments, moved new folks into those positions, and probably added a few steps to the process to drag it out even longer internally...you know, "efficiency".
Truth.

Most likely, they pulled people out of the regular rotation to focus solely on form 3's and govt/LE transfers, so there are less people working form 4s. Because, you know, screw taxpayers.

Back
Top Bottom