• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NFA estate transfer

patracy

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
55   0
Reaction score
Anyone had any dealing with a NFA transfer out of a estate? I've got all the paperwork here with the signed form 4. The widows info is in 3a, the decedents info is in 3c (Name, address, DOD). The current F4's are in the deceased name.

Has anyone been down this path before? Will I also need to get a copy of the death certificate/estate executor? Or is the form 4 will all the details enough. I also have found a obituary online reflecting all the same details.

I'll be calling the NFA branch tomorrow anyhow. But I just wanted to see if anyone had any first hand knowledge.

Had a guy recently inherit stuff...took guns directly to the ATF office in Atl , had them fill out the paperwork with him, they held onto the guns, pushed the paperwork through in 30 days

That's wasn't what I would do... The executor can hold stuff legally. Then it's just a tax free form 5 to the heir.

Glad it worked out for him, but I would never unnecessarily leave guns in the atf's possession for any amount of time.

Just got off the phone with the NFA office. "Copy of the will, copy of the death certificate, copy of probate of court for the executor, plus the form 4".

Hopefully the widow won't find all this too intrusive.

Back
Top Bottom