• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NFA item question

Goosebuster

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Roll Tide Roll
19   0
Reaction score
Is an integrally suppressed rifle still an NFA item? I just saw a LMT rifle on TV so i looked at them on their website. They're a pretty cool looking gun (i have no intention of spending $4K on one) but i was curious whether an integrally suppressed rifle like that is a loophole like bump stocks?

What about a grenade launcher? do i need a special pay to play stamp for one of them too? There is one i just saw on TV that was mounted on a picatinny, if i could put one on my HK i feel like id have the ultimate EDC.

What about a grenade launcher? do i need a special pay to play stamp for one of them too? There is one i just saw on TV that was mounted on a picatinny, if i could put one on my HK i feel like id have the ultimate EDC.

yes grenade launchers are but 37mm flare launchers are not. Additionally each explosive grenade would need a tax stamp as well.

Ultimate EDC? An AR with a Grenade Launcher? You gonna sling that or conceal it?

Launchers are considered “destructive devices” under the NFA only when used with anti-personnel ammunition I.e. flechettes, bean bag, B.B., torpedo, OC/CS fired at human targets, batons, etc. regardless of tube diameter (25,37,40mm)
I’ve got one and it’s boat loads of fun. I am dropping a form 1 on it to manufacture a DD.

760407DF-4D41-41B1-BDE4-9E975CD0F8AF.jpeg
A0B6F36F-6957-4644-B146-7363206BDBD0.jpeg
23975D1D-8CCC-47B0-BC96-2892E4EF06D4.jpeg

You can truck gun it lol
6A175281-0D39-4A83-89D9-928922FC1B61.jpeg

Do you have to notify if you "destroy" a registered grenade?
No sir. You would actually keep the casing seeing as it would be what you are registering and isn’t destroyed post-launching. There are many other laws and regulations in regards to making explosives and storing said explosives which I am not very familiar in. I reload for my launcher but for Anti-Personnel rounds I’ll stop shy of attempting to own an HE or HEDP

HE and HEDP are the only munitions that would need to be handled individually. All other non HE anti-personnel rounds require no additional registration

Of course post-launch you can call BATFE and tell them it’s now dunnage and VOID out your stamp

This is as I understand it

Back
Top Bottom