• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NFA or not? Glock Chassis

medium187mph

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
216   0
Reaction score
First time seeing this and genuinely interested to know if this falls under a SBR with the stock attached?

Be gentle, it’s an honest question

Take a read of the Product Disclaimer.
Looks like the manufacturer is avoiding any responsibility of the legalities.

Looks interesting. I would say that, if you put a stock on the tube, it is SBR. But, if you put a pistol brace on it, you might could call it a pistol. After all, what is the difference between an AR pistol and an SBR?

First time seeing this and genuinely interested to know if this falls under a SBR with the stock attached?

Be gentle, it’s an honest question

If you put a stock on that without putting in a 16" barrel first, it would legally be an SBR.

The link provided in the original post shows a whole variety of weapons assembled from this kit--- some have shoulder stocks and some are pistols with "arm stabilization braces". (At least as we use that term today, and not counting any new definitions imposed by ATF and their "point system.")

If you order this kit with what the factory describes as a "stock" then know that it is a stock and you will not be able to tell ATF that you're innocent of federal gun crimes because you considered it as an arm brace.

If not for ATF's proposed new rule creating a points system for things that are purported as arm braces for pistols that ATF really considers to be shoulder stocks ...I wouldn't have any problem with buying a kit to put this external chassis or exoskeleton around a Glock handgun and sticking an arm brace on the back end of that.

But because of what ATF is proposing to do with pistol braces, I don't think I'd mess with this unless I was willing to register it as a short barreled rifle.

The link provided in the original post shows a whole variety of weapons assembled from this kit--- some have shoulder stocks and some are pistols with "arm stabilization braces". (At least as we use that term today, and not counting any new definitions imposed by ATF and their "point system.")

If you order this kit with what the factory describes as a "stock" then know that it is a stock and you will not be able to tell ATF that you're innocent of federal gun crimes because you considered it as an arm brace.

If not for ATF's proposed new rule creating a points system for things that are purported as arm braces for pistols that ATF really considers to be shoulder stocks ...I wouldn't have any problem with buying a kit to put this external chassis or exoskeleton around a Glock handgun and sticking an arm brace on the back end of that.

But because of what ATF is proposing to do with pistol braces, I don't think I'd mess with this unless I was willing to register it as a short barreled rifle.

Concur 100% I don't have anything "short" or plan on buying anything that would not get the stamp. It's coming.....weather we like it or not it's coming.

Back
Top Bottom