• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NFA Trust Questions...

iAm22lr

Wolf Icon Supporter
Hunter
0   0
Reaction score
I am setting up a Trust and have a couple of questions. The instructions I received with my Trust have two items I have questions on.

Do I need to register the trust with my local courthouse? This is not required in most states. Check with your local Clerk of Court.

I have contacted the Cherokee County Clerk of Courts to ask if the Trust must be recorded with them, they are clueless and pointed me to georgialegalaid.org. Anyone know if this is needed, I reside in Cherokee County?

CLEO Notification: Take the CLEO copy of the completed Form 4, fill out the CLEO copy of Form 5320.23, affix your photo to it, and mail them to your local chief law enforcement office. This person is your local sheriff or constable. Regular mail is perfectly acceptable. The CLEO does not need to sign-off on the application or respond in any way.

I assume this would be sent to the Cherokee County Sheriffs Office? Should I expect a response?

After you submit a few stamps you'll realize you've been overthinking NFA stuff and shoulda done it years ago
emoji1787.png

I am sure you are right!

I just set up with Silencer Shop. They were a HUGE pain in the %ing a$$. Everytime I turned around they wanted something else They asked for “demographics “ of my wife I looked up what they meant. The info they wanted was on the fingerprint cards . I honestly think that the person handling it was on their first day there after working at McDonalds But now it’s done , hopefully it will go well. It’s $40 each time but easier .

Back
Top Bottom