• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NFA Trust

Robocop

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
82   1
Reaction score
I'm going to finally get a suppressor. Im leaning towards setting up a trust. What are your experiences with a trust? Is this the best way to approach NFA purchases?

Personally I feel that it is and allows a lot more flexibility in legal use of your NFA items. Mines setup to the point I don’t have to submit any fingerprints but my own which is a major plus so when getting one ask
This for sure. And my family wont need to deal with probate court for those items after i’m gone.

It does seem to take longer to process stamps for a trust vs. individual ownership though. More of an inconvenience than a challenge to me….

49C1FC5B-2C51-4188-9A7B-72FC1A808ACA.jpeg

I'm going to finally get a suppressor. Im leaning towards setting up a trust. What are your experiences with a trust? Is this the best way to approach NFA purchases?
I bought my can years ago on the trust. I did it because at the time it was the only way I didn't have to go get the Chief Law Enforcement Officer's approval signature before submitting everything. The other upside is that I've listed the other 'trustees' to whom it will pass to without any further action. I don't know how things are now, but it seemed better for me then FWIW.

Back
Top Bottom