• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NFA Trust

Who did you use for your trust?

Ok guys, I just went to ga firing line. Bought the can and stamp and got prints uploaded on the kiosk.Will be getting the trust ASAP. Very excited about shooting suppressed.
Congrats and just wait they’re like a disease they just keep multiplying

Link to the can I chose. Ga firing has these for about 350 out the door.

Before 41F went into affect the big advantage for the trusts was that it allowed you to avoid the added step of getting CLEO approval of your NFA purchase. Some counties, areas, etc the CLEO wouldnt sign off on it so trust was the only way for some people to get the items.

The benefits of the trust are mostly legal in terms of possession, inheritance, etc but the only real benefit of going individual is that its a little quicker.

I actually wrote my own trust with the help of another member. Many cans, SBRs, Form 1s and Form 4 later it seem to work pretty good but honestly trust are so inexpensive now it would be money will spent to get one that was written/reviewed by an actual lawyer that is up to date with the NFA interworkings.

Just a side point on suppressors and this is a bit hypocritical coming from a guy with 3 AAC cans but dont let price be the determining factor of what you're going to buy. I feel like people look to see what the cheapest can they can buy is because you have to add $200 to the price but realize that for the most part you are going to have this can indefinitely, you're waiting a long time for it and you're paying an extra $200. If you're going to do all that its best to save up a little bit if need be or spend a little more if need be to get a quality can. Do your homework. Nothing worst that spending $500-$700, waiting months, only to get a can that is loud, heavy, blows a ton of gas back in your face (more than usual), has crazy POI shift and no customer support.

Last tip is to be like Ron Pompei and "Set it and forget it". File for your stamp and then do something else. Get into a new hobby, read a book or 10, try to lose some weight. Do anything but think about it, it'll make the wait go by faster.

Back
Top Bottom