• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NFL boycott?? Finally an honest breakdown.

"last night’s game was up 8% in MM ratings from the Week 5 match-up last year"

So is the boycott working or not?

I watched lasts night and honestly it was boring as hell the first half. Wouldn't surprise me at all if the ratings were down. But all this spin on the numbers is ridiculous. Last night and Sunday nights game were probably the most watched program on TV while they were on but then you have headline like "Everyone is mad at the NFL" if that isn't fake news I don't know what is.

It's way late. The decline has been going on for a while for many reasons and now it's had gas thrown on it. I don't understand why the NFL has let the inmates start running the asylum!!
I've had them boycotted since 1971. I hate televised sports all together. But I must admit that watching the news about the huge TV ratings crash and it looking like the league is imploding has been very entertaining on this end.

I listen to a talk radio show out of Nashville called Phil Valentine and last week he was reading a cost breakdown on what each network charged the cable/sat companies. Most networks charge between $1.00 and $1.50 per customer on average. ESPN charges close to $5.00 a customer. I NEVER watch ESPN and resent having to accept it as part of the package. That's one of the reasons we've been done with Comcast cable for over 6 months.
As I recall you can't find a single cable or sat package without an ESPN included. It all seems ass backward to me. It seems like all the providers would jump at the chance to sign customers and not have to give ESPN their hefty cut.

I've had them boycotted since 1971. I hate televised sports all together. But I must admit that watching the news about the huge TV ratings crash and it looking like the league is imploding has been very entertaining on this end.
You're watching fake new then. There isn't a single TV show out there that wouldn't currently trade places with the NFL's ratings. There ratings are down some but not near what some media outlets would have you believe. It makes sense though, the NFL is their direct competition. If viewers move from the NFL on Sunday and Monday to more interested in what Trump is or isn't doing, that's big money for MSM.

would like to see them go broke .players and owners

"last night’s game was up 8% in MM ratings from the Week 5 match-up last year"

So is the boycott working or not?

I watched lasts night and honestly it was boring as hell the first half. Wouldn't surprise me at all if the ratings were down. But all this spin on the numbers is ridiculous. Last night and Sunday nights game were probably the most watched program on TV while they were on but then you have headline like "Everyone is mad at the NFL" if that isn't fake news I don't know what is.

It's going to take a whole season to really give a 100% accurate answer, but decline has been going on for several years. Several groups boycotting, streaming viewers, last years election and season tickets sales/merchandise need to play out, especially after the most recent mass kneeling. Cold, crappy weather and the playoffs may make people tune in late season. There are many people boycotting for various reason such as the anthem, Kap being out of a job, league studies diminishing head trauma and domestic violence/abuse from players. There is a lot of people angry at the NFL. This is going to play out this year and will be interesting to see if all the boycott people really tune out.

You're watching fake new then. There isn't a single TV show out there that wouldn't currently trade places with the NFL's ratings. There ratings are down some but not near what some media outlets would have you believe. It makes sense though, the NFL is their direct competition. If viewers move from the NFL on Sunday and Monday to more interested in what Trump is or isn't doing, that's big money for MSM.

I've have read so many articles pushing their different narratives it's laughable and almost impossible to get any "true" numbers. I guess the search is entertainment in a way.

I've have read so many articles pushing their different narratives it's laughable and almost impossible to get any "true" numbers. I guess the search is entertainment in a way.

It has been entertaining. When you see CNN and Breitbart new pushing the same narrative you know something is going on. That's like double fake news or something.

Back
Top Bottom