• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NFL Financial Disclosures Refute Claim That Player Protests Hurt League Revenues

CQB27

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
271   0
Reaction score
https://www.forbes.com/sites/marced...s-protests-hurt-league-revenues/#67f9e07e5a22

NFL league-wide revenues actually increased 4.9 percent during the 2017 season — even despite the President of the United States’ barrage of tweets calling for protesting NFL players to be “fired.” Rovell’s article thus calls into doubt the purported link between NFL players’ political activism and fan support for the league overall.”

Looks like ole Fatal_Bert Fatal_Bert has been right all along.

Full Disclosure: Never was a NFL fan, before or after the kneeling protests.

Looks like they would not have changed policy to stay in locker rooms to protest instead of kneeling on the field with the surplus,guess we can increase concessions,advertisements,and ticket prices 15% and have a 4.9 % increase and call it a victory.

I dont hold any punches these days; if im in a group and they bring up the nfl I usually dont say anything or leave. Or if ive been drinking i tell them how i really feel about people who support the nfl

This is why i dont drink alot or have friends that are into sports

Reactions: MRH
If you read the article, you will see that their major source of income is TV . Those contracts have been in place and don't come up for renewal until 2021. That is when they would see the effect. However, the networks depend on advertising. As viewership drops, advertisers pay less, so the networks are making less. This will all roll down hill. It will just take a while before the networks share the pain.

Back
Top Bottom