• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NFL in Decline

A sport that got its start from outlaws running moonshine is hard to hate.

But, it has been going downhill for many years. If I had to single out a date or event when the decline started, I would put it at Earnhardt's death. He was a racer and was competitive as anyone who ever lived. Earnhardt Jr was NOT cut from the same cloth.
NASCAR saw a need to expand to yankeeville and the Left coast and try to bring in a more diverse viewership. A kinder, gentler, less redneck sport didn't go over great with its core audience and never attracted any other group.

BUT, oh the memories. You haven't lived until you watch an all day race from the infield while getting snot-slinging drunk, getting in a fist fight rolling in the mud and then hooking-up with some toothless wonder in a tank top. H3LL yeah!

Baseball and college football is all I wantch now. F the NFL. And I never cared for basketball.

Sports this year is joke in general though. Like oh, you won how games and made it to workd series? Congrats, you won a joke season.

I do. And I know there are way more behind the scenes folks earning a living from these sports but that's not my fault. If the NFL and hopefully the NBA folds up then it's because of the virtue signaling assholes on the field. I don't know any bidness model except colleges where you can lecture your customer and tell them what horrible people they are AND stay in business.
Sounds like nascar...

I'm sure if biden and his crew have their way, the nfl will get some kind of tax payer bailout...it's what they do.
Reminds me of news I heard from Los Angeles last week. The state is locking down all the bidnesses of the peasants due to Covid but the movie and TV studios can do whatever wherever whenever.

Back
Top Bottom