• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NFL player, LeSean McCoy beats his girlfriend

Some advise to women, be careful when dating/marrying steroided, drugged up professional football players if you want to avoid getting beat. If they do beat you then just leave instead of staying for all that money.

My advise to professional football players. Avoid the woman if possible, you look like a fresh meat to a hungry lion in the gold digger woman's eyes

He was trying to evict her from his house so the relationship went south, she should have left and found a new sugar daddy

Agreed. And if it turns out a hoax, she should. Ruining a person’s life and career is worse than being hit in my opinion.

it's also actionable as defamation. You can get sued. Look up the libel and slander laws in Georgia. If you publish (which includes reposting on social media) a slanderous accusation that turns out to be factually false, there are two ways the law would treat this:

1-- if the wrongly slandered person is not a public figure, then whoever repeated the evil gossip about that person will pretty much automatically be liable. There's no defense along the lines of "well I didn't know whether it was true or false, so I just passed along the information." That won't fly.

2-- If The victim of the slander *is* a public figure, then you won't be held liable for merely passing along negative gossip. However, you would be held liable if you acted in a reckless disregard of the truth or falsity of that accusation. I haven't studied the caselaw on this but today that might mean you have an obligation to go to someplace like Snopes or some other fact -checking website, or search the Internet for keywords to read news stories from reputable sources.

Agreed. And if it turns out a hoax, she should. Ruining a person’s life and career is worse than being hit in my opinion.
No argument here - of course she should be locked up if it's a hoax.
As to which is worse, turning a woman's face into hamburger or wrecking a guy's career and upending his life, I don't know. I think very few things are worse than beating a woman like that.

Back
Top Bottom