• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NFL Players Association Sues NFL Over Anthem Policy

Bunch of bullies and crybabies whining at each other and throwing temper tantrums on the floor. Pay the players minimum wage and see how many stick around for the love of the game. Team owners and coaches get minimum wage plus a dollar for every game won. Maybe I'd actually care and attend a game then when ticket prices go down.

If I was owner of A Pro team it would be in their contract they stand for national athem. I would also tell them in a group meeting that it was a privilege to get to play pro ball if they didn't agree. I would tell them to hit the road Jack Hundreds more out their like you would like chance to play and would for a lower salary.

No, you wouldn't. Clearly you have never dealt with Union employees

I understand one must be true to his or her principles. What I don't understand is why the NFL players have chosen to stand for their principles by kneeling before our flag. There are so many other options available to them to make known their positions and discuss the principles that they feel are important. So many, like me, turn off their attempt to discuss their principles because I just cannot get past the, in my opinion, disrespect of our flag. They have every right to protest in whatever way they feel appropriate. I have every right to not go to the stadium, to turn off the program, and to stop using the products sponsoring such behavior. As a number of football players are being accused of beating, robbing, kidnapping and other heinous acts against women, the players have decided not to denounce these accused actions, but have decided to sue their employer to be able to kneel before our flag. What a BRILLIANT move!!!
Why? Because there apparently was no perceived racial injustice by LEO until Trump was elected. Succinct enough?

Why? Because there apparently was no perceived racial injustice by LEO until Trump was elected. Succinct enough?
I don't see where I asked "why" they are protesting, I know why. I questioned kneeling before our flag as the option of protest they chose. I guess I was not "succinct enough" for you to understand my premise. Thanks for helping.

I don't see where I asked "why" they are protesting, I know why. I questioned kneeling before our flag as the option of protest they chose. I guess I was not "succinct enough" for you to understand my premise. Thanks for helping.
You are asking for a logical explanation to an illogical act. I was too vague.
They hate the current president. Since they don't play "Hail to the Chief", they make due. Or it is just possible they hate this country. Better? :)

Were the NFL owners stupid or desperate enough to sign a contract with the union / player's association that said the players have a right to protest against America while in uniform at the workplace?
If not, then the players need to S.T.F.U. and do what they were hired to do on the field and behave honorably at all times when they are in the public eye as players representing their team.

If they want to protest anything (and I mean anything, even a pro-2A protest in opposition to some gun ban or something...) they need to do it out of uniform, away from the team HQ or any stadium, and make it clear that it's their personal opinion only.

You are asking for a logical explanation to an illogical act. I was too vague.
They hate the current president. Since they don't play "Hail to the Chief", they make due. Or it is just possible they hate this country. Better? :)

Better? Well...OK. I guess I just don't understand why you are explaining to me why they are protesting. Again, I know why they are protesting. Their protest method is what I question. The method of protest they have determined to use is alienating quite a few people that would normally be watching their games. With all the facts showing that viewing is down, stadiums are seeing fewer fans, sponsors are pulling out or cutting back, they still choose to believe kneeling before our flag as their "best" method of protest. A method that is hurting the very corporation that pays them. That was my premise. Not why they are protesting. I believe we are on the same page, but different! lol

Back
Top Bottom