• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Nice buck from Penns woods today.

Comanche

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
ACB8D6C8-5F70-42DA-940D-E8F5F64839C3.png
My nephew took this pic from my moms backyard in Pennsylvania today.
Deer hunting is the only thing I miss from up there....well the fishing was good too.

View attachment 2216575 My nephew took this pic from my moms backyard in Pennsylvania today.
Deer hunting is the only thing I miss from up there....well the fishing was good too.
When I lived in PA I saw more roadkill deer the first year than I saw live deer in maybe 10 years here in GA.
The buck I hit one Thanksgiving morning was the biggest deer I had ever seen in person. It had been feeding on Amish farmland all Summer.

I was going to call a Mennonite butcher we used to frequent but when the Lancaster County cop and I looked at what was left of the buck he said they wouldn't take it- too badly damaged, probably bone fragments everywhere.
Somewhere in New Jersey a lady raised tigers (they got loose once) and she would take as much roadkill as she could get. I guess the big cats didn't mind the bones.

When I lived in PA I saw more roadkill deer the first year than I saw live deer in maybe 10 years here in GA.
The buck I hit one Thanksgiving morning was the biggest deer I had ever seen in person. It had been feeding on Amish farmland all Summer.

Oh man....if you could survive a winter driving up there “without” hitting one deer you were a lucky bastige.

Nice looking buck..

..but don't you miss the beautiful summer and fall weather, swimming in the cool creeks and especially the homemade teaberry ice cream?

Yes the seasons we are beautiful and terrible up there.
Seems to be more rain up there than I ever remember when growing up there.
All it does is rain up there now....every time I visit it’s friggin gray and rainy.
They have their moments but something is amiss with the weather patterns .
They have a lot of tornado’s also now as they were rare and more towards the Ohio flatlands.
The winters can be beautiful yet brutal.
I spent my entire childhood in Pennsylavania Appalachia in former Indian territory and my buddies and I lived in the woods.....best times I ever had ....until I moved
to north Georgia.
Now I spend as much time in these woods as possible....lol.

Oh man....if you could survive a winter driving up there “without” hitting one deer you were a lucky bastige.

13 Winters up there and I only had 2 deer strikes, 1 with my car and one doe ran into the side of my 18 wheeler trailer on the Turnpike- that was saddening, hoping she would stop and then watching her in the mirror slam into the side as I was driving 70. Such a waste.
I forget how many people died during deer strikes but it was a lot.

Yes the seasons we are beautiful and terrible up there.
Seems to be more rain up there than I ever remember when growing up there.
All it does is rain up there now....every time I visit it’s friggin gray and rainy.
They have their moments but something is amiss with the weather patterns .
They have a lot of tornado’s also now as they were rare and more towards the Ohio flatlands.
The winters can be beautiful yet brutal.
I spent my entire childhood in Pennsylavania Appalachia in former Indian territory and my buddies and I lived in the woods.....best times I ever had ....until I moved
to north Georgia.
Now I spend as much time in these woods as possible....lol.

So you admit you grew up in Pennsyltucky?

:behindsofa:

13 Winters up there and I only had 2 deer strikes, 1 with my car and one doe ran into the side of my 18 wheeler trailer on the Turnpike- that was saddening, hoping she would stop and then watching her in the mirror slam into the side as I was driving 70. Such a waste.
I forget how many people died during deer strikes but it was a lot.

So you admit you grew up in Pennsyltucky?

:behindsofa:

yep it was pretty awesome actually.
Steeltown suburbs.
Best deer hunting on the planet.

Back
Top Bottom